Another Points/Condensor/coil Wiring question

Oxblood

Steel-Toed Sneakers
Reaction score
I may just be being thick but I can't figure this out from searching the board no matter how much I look at it! Is this right?

Attachments

• points.png
    points.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 2,122
oxblood,

The condenser is actually two condensers with a common case ground. Each of the two wires from the condenser(s) goes to one set of points and also one of the terminals on one of the coils. The other coil terminal goes to the red / white wire from the kill switch.

points2.png

Last edited:
Can I run just one condensor or do I need both? Stock condensors and coils here.

one wire is one condenser, the other wire is the second condenser, the case is the ground connection for both when bolted to the frame

Attachments

• coil connections.PNG
    coil connections.PNG
    6 KB · Views: 1,670
Sorry for being so dumb right now, so your are saying one physical "Condeser" is actually two condensers in one housing? And I run one physical condenser pack? I have two separate condenser packs/housings so I was trying to wire TWO physical condensers up so maybe I have an extra from somewhere? If so that makes everything crystal clear.

Sorry for being so dumb right now, so your are saying one physical "Condeser" is actually two condensers in one housing? And I run one physical condenser pack? I have two separate condenser packs/housings so I was trying to wire TWO physical condensers up so maybe I have an extra from somewhere? If so that makes everything crystal clear.
yes, yes on both counts, you have a extra condenser pack, to test if it is good check with a Ohm meter should start off high or low resistance (forget which way) and drop or rise as it charges

This is your condenser "pack". It is 2 separate condensers mounted end to end on one bracket. There should be 2 black wires coming off it, one from each end (or each condenser). Each wire (condenser) hooks to a different points set.

xE7Ru9L.jpg

Last edited:
yeah i got two of em and was trying to wire them both up... that's my problem everything is clear now. Amazing what starting out on the right assumptions clears up. The diagrams in my book/internet we showing two condensers so thats what I was trying to do as I had somehow ended up with two.

Im in the same spot right now this is all you need to be running correct? I have my wiring set up like this but no power feeds into my system when i turn my key any clues?

This is your condenser "pack". It is 2 separate condensers mounted end to end on one bracket. There should be 2 black wires coming off it, one from each end (or each condenser). Each wire (condenser) hooks to a different points set.

XS26-5114Condensers.jpg
I cant see this pic anymore. Could you repost it?

Back