Another use for a mag front wheel!

lakeview

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I had a 36mm XS750 front fork listed on the local Kijiji complete with front wheel and got a call from Saskachewan 306 area code from a fellow who was only interested in the wheel. On further discussion, he told me that he wanted a set of 4 for a Model T build he was doing! Apparently he has the skills to modify same so they would go onto the axles and he would paint them to look like wood so he would feel safe taking it over 70 mph.
He had a pal local who would bring money and pick them up, so the sale was made.
They were picked up this morning. If it had not happened I would have been the first guy to call BS.
My hat is off to his resourcefulness and the power of Kijiji.

Attachments

• SAM_5475.JPG
    SAM_5475.JPG
    267.8 KB · Views: 127
I had a 36mm XS750 front fork listed on the local Kijiji complete with front wheel and got a call from Saskachewan 306 area code from a fellow who was only interested in the wheel. On further discussion, he told me that he wanted a set of 4 for a Model T build he was doing! Apparently he has the skills to modify same so they would go onto the axles and he would paint them to look like wood so he would feel safe taking it over 70 mph.
He had a pal local who would bring money and pick them up, so the sale was made.
They were picked up this morning. If it had not happened I would have been the first guy to call BS.
My hat is off to his resourcefulness and the power of Kijiji.

Hi lakeview,
even with modern wheels & tyres a model T ain't gonna BE safe at anywhere near 70mph, no matter how the driver may FEEL about it.
If he's also upgrading the brakes and handling, that's another matter.
If you are still in touch with the purchaser, the most suitable tire for his purpose that fits those rims is the Avon Sidecar Universal (which is only made in 3.25" x 19")

Back