Another xs2

William ( @DogBunny ), Have you looked into PirateShip? Been using 'em about 6mo or so. Their rates are about 40 - 50% less than going to the actual shipper. I've shipped overseas with 'em and was surprised at how much cheaper it is.
Makes overseas affordable again.

https://www.pirateship.com/
Mental note (again), regarding shipping methods to Jim for painting tins.... :thumbsup:

So after a bit of investigating it seems the frame is 1972 ,it looks correct going by the frame number and the footrest supports,engine number says it is a 73, not a problem really as it exactly the same as the one that would of been fitted.
Badges are wrong as are the handlebars.
Got it started today ,ticks over nicely and engine sounds good, however when I tried to engage 1st gear it just stalls so it's possibly a seized clutch, any thoughts please on anything else it might be?

So after a bit of investigating it seems the frame is 1972 ,it looks correct going by the frame number and the footrest supports,engine number says it is a 73, not a problem really as it exactly the same as the one that would of been fitted.
Badges are wrong as are the handlebars.
Got it started today ,ticks over nicely and engine sounds good, however when I tried to engage 1st gear it just stalls so it's possibly a seized clutch, any thoughts please on anything else it might be?
A lot of times a clutch will unstick by sitting on the bike with the engines off... pull the clutch in, put it up in second and just start rocking the bike back and forth. Ziptying the clutch lever to the handlebars helps with the hand getting tired if it's takes a while.

Back