Any clutch lever bracket with no mirror mount??

mrpink

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking to clean up my handle bars, using a bar end mirror so I do not need the threaded bungs on top of the clutch lever bracket.

Thought about grinding it off and re-powder coating, but thought there might be a better alternative....

p!nK

That makes it more obvious... I am looking to make it look sleeker.

p!nK

my 72 dosnt have the threads on it. try i dont think they started puting the mirrors right on the handle till 74.

Another option is to get a dirtbike clutch perch. Unless you want to keep the clutch safety switch then this wont work. Also for the brake side the raptor front brake master cylinders work well and if you get the right year they even have the brake light switch. Both of these are cheap and clean things up well.

yeah the nuetral safety switch is located on the top of the engine behind cyclinders. The clutch safety switch I believe they started using in 80 but dont quote me on that is on the bars just another added safety switch. I threw that in there because he didnt specify what year his bike was.

I think the unit located behind the cylinders is the sending unit for the neutral light. I believe the actual safety switch is near the kickstand. At least on my 78, at least. I could be (and probably am) WAY wrong here, though.

It is an 83, but I plan on simple wiring it so the clutch saftey switch will be removed anyway. Any place I could find a NOS 72 bracket? All the ones mikes offers has the mirror mount.

p!nK

Back