Anybody using this stand?

Frank47

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Planning to use for parking in garage by mounting to 3/4 plywood that’s maybe slipped under large tool chest. Used one from HF years ago for bigger bike that didn’t work too good. Will I be able to use rear trackside mount with it for chain cleaning etc?

Attachments

• IMG_1127.png
    IMG_1127.png
    643.1 KB · Views: 62
I have two of those that are similar mounted in my trailer and they work great, not as much for smaller front tires but they will hold the bike in place. I assume that’s why they have tie-downs on the stand.

I have two similar front wheel chocks. On my XS with a skinnier tire, the stand holds it upright but not 100% securely. If you push the bike to either side it will easing move off from being vertical. The Moto Guzzi fits a bit better (wider front tire) and is therefore a bit more stable. In the garage, where nothing will push up against the bikes, the stands work adequately. In an environment where someone could brush up against it, I prefer to add a rear wheel stand for added security. I have one bolted to my lift to hold the bike upright but I usually add a couple of straps for insurance.

Back