Anyone have a free pdf service manual for 81 XS650?

At the top of this page click the XS650 Tech, this will lead you to a list. Scroll down to Miscellaneous, click on the title XS650 shop manuals. Scroll through the thread to find your model.
Leo

Hey i would be interested in buying a hard copy of the service manual, which one is the best for a beginner with lots of detailed pics. any suggestions. the bike is a 1981 XS650 special ii
Thanks

The pictures in ALL the manuals except the German version SUCK.
But that doesn't answer your question.
The manuals linked to all have the same info as a hard copy but I'd rather look at books than a screen to.
You bought a newer(TCI) bike iirc so you would want a newer factory service manual.
The older points ignition manuals wouldn't supply info you would need.
The aftermarket manuals are great as a cross reference.
But mostly you will want to come HERE for info.
5twins, XSLeo, gggGary, retiredgentleman, pamcopete and everyone else to some degree all post excellent photos with arrows, names of things included.
You will want to create a folder to drop copies to GAR UN TEED.

On hard copy books I like the factory books. You might find them on Ebay. I did, I have factory manuals to cover from 70-80. I also have them as dowloads up to 83.
I have a Clymers, it's ok, it has a few mistakes in it. I don't have a Haynes book yet but I plan on getting one. A lot of people like it.
As jetmechmarty said, download one and printout the pages you need to take to the bike.
Leo

Yes download a factory book and buy a Haynes? for the basic how to's the factory leaves out. And always be ready to peruse the tech and use the search button here.

Back