Anyone know anything about PDF files ?

peanut

XS650 enthusiast & inveterate tinkerer
Top Contributor
Reaction score
ok this question is definitely nothing to do with motorcycles lol:D

I have downloaded a pdf manual for an action cam but it wants to print out in 16 zillion pages :banghead:

I've tried copy pasting to Word but it pastes at half page width with huge gaps so thats no help.

Any idea how I can print this manual in half a dozen pages or less ?
http://www.mytempfiles.info/mobius/MobiusManual.pdf

It's only 10 pages and wants to print more? Something might not be right with the file on your side...

Otherwise, when you go to print there should be a place where it says "All pages" or asks you to enter specific pages to print or a range. Maybe try "2 sided"?

I don't use Windows anymore (haven't for years) so maybe it's different for you...

yep that's weird it is only 10 pages.
and I use windows
peanut try click on the size "fit" instead actual, and print both sides that should make it 5 pages
also you don't want to use word.
the program to use is adobe reader

Shrink to fit option? I am using Foxit reader for PDFs these days. loads and scrolls much faster. It's a free download for the reader. Our drawings are plot size (48 X 76 mostly) and take forever for Adobe to load up, or to pan across the page.

thanks guys yes I was just kiddin about the zillion pages lol but 10 pages is still to many for easy carry/reference.

I usually copy text and images and paste them into Word because then I can rearrange the paragraphs to make it easier to read maybe add bullets resize the images , remove certain bits that are irrelevant etc then I adjust the page size to print to the page borders with no header or footer spaces .

I'd normally cram this 10 pages into 6x pages or less especially if I reduce the font size.

I just can't seem to copy the text from the pdf file so that it is free of the half column page format that it is in so that it will spread right across the page.

I could adjust to fit but that will just blow the existing lines up to elephant size font and it will still take the same number of pages to print. :shrug:

yep foxit is good, I use that JD but will it allow me to adjust the text width ?

Carbon I have never tried double sided printing with this printer ...it would probably mash the paper ,make some weird noises and expire for good if I ask it to do that.

You could always screenshot, copy/paste into some freebie pic. manipulation program.

Or get a goddamn ipad or smartphone and read the PDF off of it, no more paper wasting :)

Try snapshot and paste into Notepad if you are on a PC. You should be able to paste where you want.
Is your PDF a "protected" file possibly?

yes I can copy paste anywhere I want but it still has its original formatting which is half page wide text. I cannot seem to release or alter the half page formatting.

I could go through the 10 pages and adjust each line individualy but I'd lose the will to live before the end of the first page.

maybe my best bet would be to download a full version of Adobe so that I can alter the page parameters.
Thanks for all your help guys

Back