Anyone know anything about the springer front end on tcbros?

IADdrummer

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
My questiOn is will the stock xs rims fit it? Thats my first question

Side note: what size are the stock xs rims and were the ever available with a rear disk brake?

the springer is adapted from a -2" Harley DNA springer and requires Harley rim and brake. my 82 Heritage special has 19" front and 16" rear laced wheels stock. some model years rear disc was offered on mag rims only ... Hope this helps

I just put one on last weekend and used my stock mag. It's reall pretty easy but you will access to a lathe. You have to turn the axel down and make some spacer. The front brake is the hardest part to mount. I decided not to run one.
Here is a pic.

http://img218.imageshack.us/i/imagewan.jpg/

Last edited:
i would be running spoke wheels and for safety and the fact this will be my first motorcycle ever i would rather run a front brake

first bike ever? ... get some experience with a stock front end before you go springer. They are totally different in handling characteristics. ... and the springer is IMO not for beginners

There is another way to do it but you have to change your wheel bearings and you have to get 3/4 " inside bearings the same size of the stock XS wheel. I did it about a year ago and found the bearings by accident and dummy me never wrote the numbers down and sold the wheel on craiglist to a guy in upstate NY. I wanted to see if it worked. You can send your stock bearings to a bearing company and i bet they can match it up. I just don't use the 19 because by the time i do all the work to put it on i can buy a 21" and everything fits

I'm building it with my dad and some of his friends so I don't think I will be in over my head. As far as the springer not being beginner friendly that's all I ride right now is my dads 06 springer softtail so that is why I wanted to run a springer it just is what I like and feel most comfortable with. I also think I found an inexpensive set of rims

A dna springer does NOT even come close to how a harley springer rides or feels. If you are working on a budget run your stock front end it will be alot cheaper and the performance and handling characteristics are 10 fold.

Posted via Mobile

no kidding....don't be another "got in over my head" back yard hack.

I'm Definitely a "in over my head backyard hack". literally building the engine in a tent in my back yard lol. but that's not slowing me down any.

I appreciate the advice bit still gonna go with a springer
Right there with you. If your bike isn't trying to kill you at least a little, are you really getting the full experience?

Back