anyone mind giving a final look over ?

Poverty

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Im to the final stages of my brat build .. and wanted to make sure I have all the bases covered b4 I do any final welding

Ive Rosette welded the plugs into the frame .. notched the tube, angled the end of the rail to meet the back bone .. I like how everything is lined up .. I still need to clone the opposite side to match ..( tmrws project)

So I was wondering if you guys could give me a once over and possibly point out anything you think might need fixed or whatever .. for some reason Ive made myself nervous (everything went together way to smooth for me) and I need some reassurance

Thanks

Attachments

• 0325122358a.jpg
    0325122358a.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 0325122357.jpg
    0325122357.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 112
67 views and no reply .. one shall assume all is well

it's just hard to get an overview of what you have going on from those photos, but I'd say if the final welding is good and strong (including shock mounts, which I think need to be extremely strong) then for a brat-style frame I guess it's looking ok. I'm no expert tho, that's for sure. As long as it's all super-strong and straight and aligned, I would think it would be ok.

Not sure about being in "final stages" though. I mean your tail section may be be near final stages of mock-up, but it looks like over-all you've still got a lot to do, as far as the whole bike?

Hey Thanks !! ... for the input .. Im a decently good / experienced welder so im got to worried about getting crappy, weak welds

I was just asking if everything seems to look right over all .. my partner in crime just went to college @ MMI in FL so Im without a second opinion

as for finished .. yeah Id say Im 80% done .. (to ride this summer) I need to finish welding the rails ( currently doing that as we speak) and fix a hacked rear harness , swap tanks, attach seat / fender .. and all should be well

the bike started out like so >
so besides everything That I have done/ changed .. everything is / was in great shape
403612_279642628765583_100001595453475_807826_649686928_n.jpg

Everything looks good from what I can see just make sure you tack the other side up too then line up your tabs to tack in place. If you have any issues or questions you can email me. Ive put more then a few of those on at this point and I fully support those who buy from me. That goes for anyone else that needs help with the kits too.
Keep up the good work and don't over think it.

Back