anyone recognize this part? (non-XS)

DogBunny

Motorcychologist
Top Contributor
Reaction score
DSC06049.JPG

Short version: Anyone know what this is? Probably came off of a 1960s Honda, but could be from anything. There were "ghost" impressions of two rectangular washers or stays that I have outlined with black Sharpie.

DSC06048.JPG

On the back is a metal-based rubber damper. Looks to me sort of like a steering stem or fork damper, or a turn signal mount, but not really. Anyone know what it is?

I don't know how you did that, but nice job!
In my younger years I was a mechanic at an HD dealership. That bracket fits FLH/T models (various) from about 1991-2018 the -91 indicates the first year used. So it fit all sorts of EVO & Twin cam touring models. Additionally that biscuit isolator is a dead HD give away.

Excellent! Thank you!
Here's the long story.
A few months ago, a guy in San Antonio had a few 1973 parts for sale. I already forget how I heard about him. This forum? Craigs list?
Anyways, I contact him, and it turns out he has a complete 1973 basket case he wants to get rid off. Totally disassembled, including the engine, and complete except for the tank and a couple other things. No title. He wants $100. I tell him deliver it to Austin -- a two hour one-way drive -- and I'll give him an extra $50. So, he does, happily.
This is already an unbelievable deal. 70-73 parts are worth more than all the others.
Along with everything was a box with a handful of non-XS parts. After much searching, I discovered that the parts were mostly from a Black Bomber -- The first generation 1965 Honda CB450, or CB450K0. These parts are worth a small mint. They made the K0 for a couple of years, but almost every single part was changed with the next generation, the K1 450. In other words, the K0 parts don't interchange with any other year or model, and are rare and valuable as heck. Several parts sold within 24 hours of my listing them on eBay. All in all, the small box contained 17 Black Bomber parts worth $1,000.
There were a couple of oddball left-over parts, including the now-identified HD bracket. I figured that since everything else was so valuable, it would be worth identifying the mystery bracket.

Excellent! Thank you!
Here's the long story.
A few months ago, a guy in San Antonio had a few 1973 parts for sale. I already forget how I heard about him. This forum? Craigs list?
Anyways, I contact him, and it turns out he has a complete 1973 basket case he wants to get rid off. Totally disassembled, including the engine, and complete except for the tank and a couple other things. No title. He wants $100. I tell him deliver it to Austin -- a two hour one-way drive -- and I'll give him an extra $50. So, he does, happily.
This is already an unbelievable deal. 70-73 parts are worth more than all the others.
Along with everything was a box with a handful of non-XS parts. After much searching, I discovered that the parts were mostly from a Black Bomber -- The first generation 1965 Honda CB450, or CB450K0. These parts are worth a small mint. They made the K0 for a couple of years, but almost every single part was changed with the next generation, the K1 450. In other words, the K0 parts don't interchange with any other year or model, and are rare and valuable as heck. Several parts sold within 24 hours of my listing them on eBay. All in all, the small box contained 17 Black Bomber parts worth $1,000.
There were a couple of oddball left-over parts, including the now-identified HD bracket. I figured that since everything else was so valuable, it would be worth identifying the mystery bracket.
Unfortunately the HD bracket won't be worth near as much as all Bomber and XS1 parts, $5 maybe. But there are tubs full of em at most swap meets.

Back