Anyone ride with a mesh jacket?

I used to have a flashy Icon titanium mesh jacket I used with my sport bike. It was great. kept me cool and protected.

My normal armored touring gear has zips across the back and down the arms. the air runs up the arms and out the back keeping me very cool. The icon jacket kept me cooler if I was standing around. they both did a great job when i was riding.

I think Joe rockets has some similar full mesh stuff that is less expensive than the icon.

I used to have a flashy Icon titanium mesh jacket I used with my sport bike. It was great. kept me cool and protected.

My normal armored touring gear has zips across the back and down the arms. the air runs up the arms and out the back keeping me very cool. The icon jacket kept me cooler if I was standing around. they both did a great job when i was riding.

I think Joe rockets has some similar full mesh stuff that is less expensive than the icon.

Nice call!
http://www.joerocket.com/catalog/index.cfm/236/482/Textile_Jackets/Velocity_[mesh]

I have a Corazzo Ventata mesh jacket, great style, CE rated armor, tons of relfective material, and only $189. I just bought their hi-vis vest which is the same thing sans sleeves which is also great.

Mesh jackets anyone? What do you think?
Riding season is fast approaching for me so i'm looking for a nice decently priced mesh jacket! Any suggestions?

I commuted summer and winter into Washington D.C. (33 miles) on motorcycle for over 30 years. In the summer, 85*+ with high humidity a mesh jacket was the only way I could WEAR a jacket.

About a cool as shirt sleeves (i.e. no more miserable) with infinitely more protection. In high humidity its the only way I could live with protective gear. Same way with vented deer skin no-gauntlet gloves.

I never thought I needed one of these. I'm in the N.E. and summer temps rarely top the mid '80s. I always wore denim jackets in the hot weather. Then NewEnough put some on clearance several years back for like $40. You can't hardly buy a denim for that. I decided to try one and I just love the thing. For those hot days, it's even better than the denim and probably affords a bit more protection with the padding it has.

I had an Alpinestars mesh jacket, which I was wearing when I crashed my BMW R75/6. Tore the jacket up but it kept me in one piece.

I've since replaced it with an Olympia Bushwacker mesh jacket. It's a 3/4 length jacket almost entirely made with mesh. I've also got the Olympia AST for all weather riding along with a myriad of old Brimaco leather jackets for around the city.

Love mesh jackets. Sadly Olympia doesn't make the Bushwacker any longer.

I was wearing my First Gear Mesh when a 92 year-old lady made an illeagal left-hand turn in front of me. I broke my clavicle and separated my right shoulder but i did not lose any skin. It totaled my KLR. The good thing is with the money I bought two xs 650's and did a modified restoration on one.

My old leather is too hot for summer but I feel I need the protection. I bought a full mesh jacket with armour a few years ago and I love it. I used to ride with a T-shirt but this mesh is so much nicer. If you are a standard size consider craigslist as I see nice jackets advertised all the time.

Tom Graham

I still wear my joe Rocket Phoenix jacket I bought 10 years ago. Works great although I don't wear it as much now that I'm in Minnesota. It was essential when I lived in phoenix and rode in 115 degree temps. Feels like a tshirt when your moving but you cook at stoplights. I like these since you don't have to worry about getting sunburnt.

Back