1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

April XSOTM Resto-mod nominations and discussion

Discussion in 'XSOTM' started by gggGary, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Gary, are you nominating SCHMEEL's ride? If so, I second. If not, I first. :)

(Other contestants can nominate/second in the spirit of good clean fun, right?)

TC

2. gggGary

gggGary Stop that! Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

You are good TeeCat. I suppose I have to recuse myself from nominating, seconding so I don't get accused of favoritism. And yes a contestant can nominate or second other entries, hard to see any self interest in that.

3. SCHMEEL

SCHMEEL OneEye Designs

here it is if someone would like to second it

77' resto/mod STILL in progress. bike has 48,000+ miles on it. daily rider

so far i've done paint, chopped 2" of top of seat which will be replaced with the skateboard stlye, chromed the fork lowers, rechromed pipes, and valve covers, added floater brake rotor. has honda taillight currently( will be replaced with homemade hanging off side). want to add gold accents/scallops to the tins, change headlight, and turn signals. and probably lower it also

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Travis

Travis Staff Member XS650.com Supporter

Gary, I don't see why we couldn't participate. Everyone gets one vote in the end.. :twocents: :)

Soooo I'd like to nominate Rick1450's bike he and his daughter built. The mirrors and seat qualify it as a resto-mod right? This is a tough category! :)

More on the bike here: http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15107

Attached Files:

5. SCHMEEL

SCHMEEL OneEye Designs

I'll second Rick1450's bike

6. gggGary

It has non stock pipes, and seat cover too! :wink2:

7. I accept guys....was not expecting this. I'll have to get some decent pictures up.

8. Rick1450

Rick1450 PUTTIN,...what else?

Thanks guys ,... we accept!

9. Rick1450

More pics.

Attached Files:

10. Rick1450

Riding shots!

Attached Files:

11. Rick1450

I'll second Schmeel's!

12. gggGary

We're moving along.
    Schmeel needs to accept, BcThomas, TeeCat and Rick 1450 are accepted.
    We need one more bike in here!

13. DirtyErnie

DirtyErnie Renaissance Hick

Pick me!! Pick Me!!! If I win I'll give it a bath. :p

14. WacoBrian

WacoBrian XS650 Junkie

[​IMG]

You can't nominate yourself, BUT you're encouraged to post your bike and description here for someone to else to nominate...

it has a pamco with green coil, xs pod filters, aftermarket bars. sprokets are 18 front and 31 rear. right now i'm running head pipes with 8" added to them.
    complete restoration.
    dont have to nominate it just give me some feed back..

15. Nice bike, Brian! I nominate Brian's bike.

TC

16. Finally got some pictures with the good camera this morning. I'm still working on it slowly as my hand heals up.( see this link for the gory pic of my injury http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10383 ).

So far I've done:

2000 Zx6r front end swap with original xs front wheel adapted to fit. (haven't fitted the ducati rotors yet).

Rear sets.

Cheap dunstall mufflers.

Lots of wiring deletes.

Redwing rear shocks.

Mototlanna seat.

My goal is to have a lighter faster XS that stops and handles like a modern bike but still retains the essence of the original. I'm not married to anything I've done yet and always like to hear suggestions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. yamchop

yamchop XS650 Addict

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  18. hooktool

hooktool XS650 Junkie

That one (WacoBrian) should be in a month for "Stock Specials" :). There should be plenty of those for one month. I like having a bit of a "theme" each month. I see nothing wrong with folks posting their own bike-unless its been in a recent thread, a worthy bike may be overlooked. Let someone else nominate it then. SOmetimes you have to toot your own horn a bit. :D

John

19. Haha...thanks, I've got a pair of ducati rotors waiting but I need spacers.

20. arod_1

arod_1 XS650 Fan

No prob. I think that picture is great. I'm gonna use it for wallpaper on one of my computers. Is that your Ducati rotors on the shelf?

That other tank looks like it's off of a DT or something. Reminds me of my youth.