Are bar-end mirrors any good?

Ashaman

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you see what you need to see with the little round bar-end mirrors or are they too small and at the wrong angle? I really don't want the ugly stock-style bug antenna mirrors but I also would like to see behind me. That and a non-flickering headlamp are the only things left to do to get this thing ridable.

I have a pair of Napoleons (trapezoidal) and am very happy with them. Interestingly, even on my TX, the do not seem to vibrate at all.

TC

Last edited:
i ended up with the eBay/chinese bar-ends, but they're pretty good. fold up out of the way, too.
go for it

I bought the cheap chinese one last year. They are okay, but, the arm that attaches to the mirror is crap. Both of mine broke. This year I will get the kind that pa23driver has. One thing I noticed is, after I broke my bar-ends, I put a regular mirror on the clutch perch and it vibrated like crazy. The bar-ends not so much.

Nope, just cut a hole in the end of your grip. Provided the bars are not weighted. A lot of the stock bars are filled with lead or something near the grip to help dampen the vibes.

BTW: I have a knock-off of a Napoleon bar end mirror on my bobber (Advertised as Napoleon Style on eBay). I'm not happy with them, the mount fell apart and had to jerry rig it, they vibrate and move around when I'm riding and the mirror isn't exactly flat. I'm planning on switching my bars from Drag to Euro bars and have bought the real deal Napoleon bar end mirror for when I do that.

I picked up a pair of the Bikemaster ones today and was messing around with installing them tonight. Got the left one on and it looks good, but the right one has me a little confused. The end of the throttle tube is in the way and covers up the end of the handlebar tube. Can I just trim that off so the tube is open to accept the mirror expander, or do I need to get a whole different throttle tube?

Back