Are there any South Africans on here?

Ja boet, coming on 13 years! Been back a few times for visits, costs a lot of money though.

Didn't realise these bikes were available in SA!? How much in R did you pay if I may ask?

Throw a picture or two on as well.

R10k first and second time.
R20k to the builders. Includes powder coating seat paint assembly tyres wiring
Spares being ordered overseas, priceless...

I'll post pics as they arrive. Post office is terrible!

Probe ignition, cam chain guide, points covers top yoke bits and pieces about R20k

But... She's special.

You'll see :)

How old are you, Wolfie?
Did you do national service?

John

In the '80s there was a bike shop here that specialized in xs650s, and some guy came from the uk and bought all 30 bikes that were in his shop.

Mine was out getting a new tyre and missed leaving afica by 20minutes.

Belonged to the Hells Angels for 15 years and has changed hands with collectors until I got hold of it for the first time.

Quite a history :)

Nice bit of history there!

I forgot about the post office malarky! At their rate of efficiency, you will have this built in 10 years time!!!

I'm the big 40 this year. Never got called up for national service, sent in all my papers but never got a reply. Also a year after I finished school, it changed to voluntary. Probably will get one in 20 years like my dad HAHA!

No please! 10 years time will make me 60 and I'll be riding way too slow! :)

Google one one customs for a mate of mine.
He's done a couple of bobbers and things (xs's)

I know the rules say no politics, but it's amazing what you'll get away with from the law with R100 in your pocket!

So road legal is not too much of a concern...

Wait till you see what I've got coming!!
:)

Post your pics up on photobucket or flickr(not sure if it works on the albums, I'll have a try in a sec). RIGHT click on the image, select "copy image URL", come back to to your thread,
post a reply.
The reply button on the left, or if you did a "quick reply", there is a button below the box that says "go advanced".

Then above the box there is a little square with a "mountain" and a "moon" in it(yellow colour), a little window will appear, delete all the writing in the box(the http/: bit), then right click INSIDE the bit where you need to write the URL. Select paste, then OK, then post your reply, and it should be there!

Hey, it works off your album!!:)

full

Back