As much as I love my 650...

DozerDan

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is stupid fun to ride. In a different kind of way. Picked this up last night in a trade, My quad for the bike. I think I made out on the better end of the deal personally.

Needs some plastics, but other than that in good shape. Been riding it all day, its quick, handles great, and other than not being a big fan of humping the tank to ride it, I am digging it.

I was gonna sell it but now my keep it. Gives me an excuse to tear the XS apart for some work, since I can still ride.

98 super hawk 996, 30k miles almost new tires, clean title. For a 00 honda 400ex that had lots of work done to it, that I traded/paid $1200 for a few years ago and have been trying to sell since with no luck.

Attachments

• 20131018_175349.jpg
    20131018_175349.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 118
My quad for the bike. I think I made out on the better end of the deal personally.

In NJ, probably. In SD, probably not. They use them instead of cars there because cars won't work on their roads.

Win win either way, love my Hondas. I have a built 400(440) bike that I could never part with. Never was a fan of Yamahas besides Banshees, but these 650's made me reconsider on things.. Seems like a good deal

Nice trade. I've been thinking about making a trade just like that. I have a 02 400ex that's super clean and I've only rode it 3 times in the last 2 years. And the super hawk is on my list.

Nothing like a big honkin V-twin super bike or super sport. I used to have a ducati 999, but the seating position was horridly un comfortable, the thing honestly shouldn't leave the track. Sold it and bought my Versys.

Also sold my KZ last month and picked up a Mint 1985 KLR250 so I could do some back road/trail rippin.

The Super Hawk was under rated as a street bike. One of the biggest complaints was they are a thirsty beast, but they ride fantastic, a more sane riding position than the RC-51, and reliable as an axe. If you enjoy a sporty ride, you done very well. You can just torque out of corners rather than spin it to the moon.
Good deal IMO. I love twins in general (that's all I've owned) Parallel, narrow v, or l-twin, I'm a fan of torquey motors that will pull out of the basement.

Every one says they are fuel hogs, but I am not worried about that. Definitely a torque bike, riding position is still a bit forward for my liking but way better than some others I have been on.

Considering I never used the quad, I am digging the bike, I have more time on it in two days than I had on my quad total.

Besides if I decide to sell it, I am sure it will be easier to sell than the quad was.

Always loved the looks of the Super Hawk! Certainly one of my "love-to-have-someday" bikes! I think you made a good trade!

Put a bunch more miles on her today. Definitely fun to ride. WAY more highway worthy than the XS, while just as fun on the back roads, it is a different kind of fun. I still think the 650 wins out for back road cruising.

The Two brothers exhaust is deep and throaty but not over obnoxious. And the power band is, well EVERY WHERE ha. in 4th and feel like going just roll with it, 5th not a problem.

Not sure how many more riding days I will get this season but since it is insured as my 'secondary' bike it is only $15 a month even though it is tech a 'sport bike' :thumbsup:

And the more I look they more I find people who 'want to own one' so if I ever decide to unload it I should be good with finding it a new home. Though the plastics are stupid expensive for it. I am thinking the cracks it has I may patch from behind, and then get some decal/wrap to cover over them.

Back