Ask and you shall receive plane jane lexan stator covers

artek

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Few members have ask for it so there it is. Simple, cheap, clear stator lexan cover.
$31.00 shipped in the USA. Mounting hardware included. Please PM for international shipping quote.

12764550_1018381431534687_5833029810575647997_o.jpg

There are few questions
1. What is the OD of the JIS counter sink as there is a very little room to wiggle between OD of the cover (120mm), bolt centers (110 mm) and cap screws OD (8.2mm)

2. What is the OD of the oval head screw?

3 . How deep do you plan to counterbore? I'm using 1/8 " thick lexan.

How about button heads instead? the Lexan would probably appreciate the greater surface area. I think a countersink would be an engraved invitation to a crack to the edge.

How about button heads instead? the Lexan would probably appreciate the greater surface area. I think a countersink would be an engraved invitation to a crack to the edge.

I like this button head idea MUCH better.

If I were to do a countersink on 1/8" (3mm) material, I wouldn't go more than 2/3 deep, which would leave the top opening at about 9mm, which I believe is more than enuff to swallow the head.

And would leave a precariously thin and crackable outer edge...

probably bodywork type button head with a larger shank, or use a sleeve to capture the lexan without compressing it. This would work nice with an LED timing device....

what was up with the 9-11 pics?

... This would work nice with an LED timing device....

Absolutely. I'll probably be doing this, hence the ??? about the mount screws.

... what was up with the 9-11 pics?

To punctuate the possible date of that tire.
Kind of a 'antibellum' thing. The world changed after that.
I was in the middle of dual bone-marrow transplants back then.
Pretty eventful year, for me anyways...

what about a slightly thicker piece of lexan, say 4 or 5 mm, with a chamfer around the edge to blend in? Can the lexan be polished clear on a cut edge? or is that all too much work?

Back