August 2012 XSOTM Voting and discussion thread.

Who should be XSOTM Bobber August 2012

• Alfredo

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Grepper

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • jamesgs4

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Visimpact

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • 1979 XS650

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
We have 5 nominations for the August XSOTM Bobber with suspension and brakes contest.
There are some excellent choices to be made!

The poll will close on August 31st, the winner will have their bike photo posted to the XS650 home page and be permanently added to the XSOTM picture album, not to mention the incredible bragging rights that go with such a feat.

Contestants; please feel free to post details, how you came to build an XS650 project, and MORE pictures, links to your build thread etc.. Let me know if you would like me to use a different picture for the voting.
Viewers and voters may also make comments and ask questions, Please keep all comments positive!

In alphabetic order here are the contestants.

Alfredo

full

Grepper

full

jamesgs4

full

visimpact

full

1979 xs650

full

Thanks for considering my build in the XSOTM this time around. As you can see it isn't quite the norm for this site. I have included below a link to my build thread which is pretty much my first post on the site right up till now. You are all such a wealth of knowlege and inspiration for me. Thanks again and good luck to my fellow competitors.

Just getting started

Hard choices this month Gary.
I've only picked 1 to not vote for.
The other four all have too much personal thought and work.

Alfredo's has that 60's-70's way cool "chopper" factor. Love that paint job.
Orange barrel, white microdot, purple haze, window pane days.

Greppers, Hard charging bar hopper. Who could resist "blasting" from light to light.
Nothing better for being rowdy than reds and beer.
How much stretch in the swingarm?

jamesgs4, A bike I've nominated before. Again the cool "chopper" look. The solid rear and jockey shift...NICE. I have no problem imagining it in a Dave Mann poster. And contary to other opinions I think he rides the shit outta it.

1979xs650, The mono shock open space is something I'm still getting used to.
You've done a nice job with the look. Look forward to seeing more about it.

All of these bikes speak to me one multiple levels. This is a really tough month!

I had to go with Alfredo though - I just love that bike. My vote has nothing to do with that awesome beard either LOL

Oh nice, I had no idea till I saw Brian(the new owner) post in another thread. Congrats man! Hope she is treating you well!

Wasn't that Visual impact bike on the voting block about a year ago? I remember seeing it in a magazine or something too and also listed on Craigslist in Pennsylvania about a year ago.

not quite sure. Nice bike though real smoothe.

I still love that paint on Alfredo's bike though

Back