August Bobber XSOTM Nominations

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the August XSOTM nomination.

This month it's a Bobber with rear shocks contest. No not just seat shocks, a rear suspension, and it's got to have a front brake too. Whine if you want but that's the rules this month.

Here's how it works:
First, someone "nominates" a bike they'd like to see in this month's competition, Next, someone else "seconds" the nomination. Lastly, the owner accepts the nomination and they are in the competition.
First 5 bikes nominated, seconded, and accepted will be entered in the contest/poll.
Please only one nomination or second per member this month.

You can't nominate yourself, BUT you're encouraged to post your bike and description here for someone to else to nominate.

-- Nominators must post a photo.
Anyone is allowed (encouraged) to post and talk about the bikes, what they like, and ask questions like: How long have you been riding that thing????

If you make a nomination please let the bike owner know so they can follow the thread, post pictures, links to build threads, accept etc.
Start it rolling, get some pics up.

What the heck, a little self permoteing here.
This was my first build. Most of it is a 79 special I got as a non-runner for $300.
Swing arm extended 3 inches
Dual Disk front brakes
Stainless steel braided brake lines
Progressive springs up front, Harley sportster shocks in the back
Fork brace from MikesXS
All that red is powder coat, silver on wheels and other parts too
Pamco ignition
Chrysler regulator
Radio Shack home made rectifier
5 amp AGM Battery
Trailer light setup on the rear (running, brake and blinkers all in two duel filament tail lights)
LEDs all around
Bates Headlight with Halogen bulb
Mike's after market 2" speedo and tach
Gorden Scott Chopper High Mile pipes
Mikuni vm36 carbs
72 motor with a 750 kit
Plus a whole bunch more I can't remember...
All except the welding and powder coat was done by me in my tiny workshop.
full

Album http://www.xs650.com/forum/album.php?albumid=878

I think my build should be nominated. I don't have any pictures of it outside, or has it been running but it has "A" rear shock. Please discuss.

photo-173.jpg

Got another picture. But this time outside.

photo-176.jpg

Last edited:
Id like to throw mine in the mix.. how about a nomination and a second:D:thumbsup:

OOPPPS didnt follow instructions.. good luck to this months contestants .. i read Bobber .. got excited and posted only to look like a fool

Attachments

• 2012-08-11_22-03-17_829.jpg
    2012-08-11_22-03-17_829.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
Back