Aussie XS owners where are you

Crackers61

Crackers61
Reaction score
Hey Aussie XS owner,

Where the bloody hell are you.
Isn't this web a complete wealth of knowledge, every time i go on this site i'm amazed how much interest there is in these old bikes and the amount of knowledge people have about these olde bike too.

Crackers.

G'day Crackers, there are quite a few of us Aussies & Kiwi's on the forum, we just use the regular forum.
whereabouts in Oz are you? I'm in South West Vic near the SA border.
I agree with you on the knowledge on here, I think some of these guys know more about these bikes than the factory ever did.

… they left the " factory " as runners.. 30-40 years later.. " we " have to keep them runners. Members on this site have saved my butt several times.... I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree....
love the red you guys down there got on the 74' model year.... we did one here.

Hi Mate,
I'm in Melbourne, on the south west side. Good to know there are fellow XS guys about. What models do you have? I have a 78 special, stock engine, and i'm trying to finish off a bits'a build, 2nd re-bore 447 fresh engine in a 79 frame now have early model forks and fitting aluminium mag wheels, drum brake rear and disc front, going for the cafe' racer look. 10 years in the build. Must say the guys on this site are fantasic and have helped out with every issue i've ever had.
Regards
Crackers.

Hey Aussie XS owner,

Isn't this web a complete wealth of knowledge, every time i go on this site i'm amazed how much interest there is in these old bikes and the amount of knowledge people have about these olde bike too.

Crackers.

G'day Crackers,

Greetings from North Queensland (Townsville).

Mine is a '76C.

Stocker as close as my wallet would allow to original.
XS650c_brochure_1.jpg

XS650c_brochure_2.jpg

XS650c_brochure_3.jpg

XS650c_brochure_4.jpg

Hey Crakers I am all the way over on the West Coast 10 mins South of Perth.
Got a 79 special and love keeping the old girl on the road. Just did forks today and pick up my HHB PMA CDI tomorrow for my next project on her.
Got a 2013 48 HD Sportster but the XS is my girl. Not overly into full factory showroom look but i still have all the orginal gear in boxes tho.
Sucks to be our Northern brothers that have a "riding season" not here Down Under!!
Cheers20170305_185241.jpg

west of cairns here ,mine looks fairly stock from a distance BUT 78 /447 frame , twin disc front brake , braced swingarm , rephased motor with a street race heidens cam,vm34 carbs , pma, pamco ign , 8 plate clutch with a hyd clutch ,2-1 stainless exhaust had a high ratio set of gears on but taken off for now (going back on soon) worked head with titanium o/sized valves … ahhh I think that's it but might have missed something …. waiting on a inlet manifold then putting a single carb lectron on , I enjoy it … did have a fork brace on it for a while but found with the 2 braces stiffened up the frame to much and took the fun out of the cornors

I'm in Bendigo Victoria and building a custom around a '74 XS engine. Always had bikes but this is my first Yamaha and first attempt at rebuilding an engine myself. Running unknown year Santee frame (with rear shocks), Katana 1100 front and rear, Harley tank and a few mods to various other bits. Currently dismantling the bottom end for a Rephase job - have sorted new pistons and other top end bits as well. I turn 65 in December and the plan is to be riding it by then - so fingers crossed. Slug.

Hey Aussie XS owner,

Crackers.
G'Day I'm in Western Sydney, proud member of the XS650 Owners Club. I'm the Admin for our Club's Instagram feed too. I've almost got my 73 TX finished and will post pics etc when it's running...
Yes you're right, plenty of great info on this forum, cheers A

G’day dudes,

I’m located in Canberra and have one complete 1972 XS650 cafe/brat complete and a hardtail build ongoing at the moment, it’s a Frankenstein of all different years.

And very early mock session on the hardtail, just playing with spares laying around. Getting fully into it now with parts from Aus and States

Attachments

• Early Mock.jpg
    Early Mock.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 289
  • IMG_2942.JPG
    IMG_2942.JPG
    197.8 KB · Views: 321
Is that a tacho on the left side of the Brat? If so what kind, and are you running it of the original tacho drive.
Yeah dude, it’s just a basic speedo with ks, indicating led, N led and highbeam. I just made a bracket and a shorter cable. It mounts through the triple tree bolts.

I can take more photos later

Hi Mate,
I'm in Melbourne, on the south west side. Good to know there are fellow XS guys about. What models do you have? I have a 78 special, stock engine, and i'm trying to finish off a bits'a build, 2nd re-bore 447 fresh engine in a 79 frame now have early model forks and fitting aluminium mag wheels, drum brake rear and disc front, going for the cafe' racer look. 10 years in the build. Must say the guys on this site are fantasic and have helped out with every issue i've ever had.
Regards
Crackers.
Join the XS 650 club of Australia there are a number of members in Victoria

Back