Wanted - Auto advance mechanism arms.

Alex Wagers

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anybody has a set of the arms only on the auto advance mechanism that’s all I need. Really don’t want to buy the complete auto assembly off mikes and I’ve searched eBay with no luck. Thanks guys. Off a 1980.

No advance arms on a 1980................Do you have points or a TCI ???

I accidentally overtighted the 10mm nut on the right side of the advance rod and broke the arms. Stupid mistake still kicking myself for it.

The main advance governor parts are the following. 1. Rotor: the piece that mounts on the camshaft, with two tabs that stop the advance weights and two posts on which the bob weights rotate. 2. Bob weights. There are no separate "arms." Do you need the rotor?

87ED93EB-51EB-40DE-ACAA-99D7C3EBB6C3.jpeg

Any help on where I could find just those 2 pieces would be greatly appreciated. The springs, clips and the rest of the mechanism is in perfect shape. I’ve checked eBay and my only other option I’m seeing right now is ordering a whole new auto advance assembly off mikesxs for $78 (which I havent heard the best reviews about).

These are off of a 1979 points ign, Is this all you need?
advance weights 004.JPG

... my only other option I’m seeing right now is ordering a whole new auto advance assembly off mikesxs for $78 (which I havent heard the best reviews about).

FYI, the broken flyweights in your pic above are from MikesXS advance unit.

A good heads-up, though. Those flyweights look like brittle castings...

If you did not order the E-advance, yes you need a mechanical advance. If you did order the PAMCO with E-advance, then no, you do not need a mechanical advance

I was able to buy the weights from
Halfmile. They appear to be made from a different material possibly copper? Should be here Friday and get me going by the weekend. Saved some money to. Thank you all for the help I will post pictures of my bike soon

Back