For Sale - [B]1982 3.25" extended swingarm $125[/B]

Ranger

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Swingarm from a 1982 xs650 with drum brake. $125 plus actual shipping. Payment via PayPal.

I extended this swingarm using my own laser cut axle plate extensions, which give 3.25 inches of total extension. The good thing about these axle plates, is you don't have to cut the swingarm up and reweld, you simple weld the plates right into the existing axle slot. (Admittedly, there is minor cutting necessary on 1981-83 models to extend the axle slot).

If you want to extend your own swingarm, I just started offering these axle plates for sale. You can find a full writeup in the Shops section: http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42152

This swingarm came off a frame I had laying around, so I can't speak to the condition of the pivot bushings, but other than needing a good cleaning, it is in good shape.

The raw steel axle plates have been rattle-can painted to prevent rust.

full

full

full

What about making some axle plates along the same lines for building a hard tail. This way a person could use the swingarm as a jig for alignment. Then once done they can remove the swingarm.

Back