Bad day!

keeger1957

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMG_20200.jpg
My first bike was in 2008 at 17 years old I thought the only way to go was cbr600rr so I got one a 2004. Owned another sport bike a few years later an 07 gsxr750. after a few friends wrecked.
I sold my bike and dropped my favorite hobby.
Then I got a great deal on this xs650 and fell right bike in love with riding again. They are very fun.

Well after owning my 77 xs650 less than a month with 300 miles under my belt my bike was stolen last night.
IMG_20200815_185251.jpg
IMG_20200815_185301(1).jpg I live in part of st. Louis that has some rough areas very near by. Its the third attempt to steal the bike. The first two times were in the parking lot at work. So I put a cable lock through the forks and wheel. I stopped riding to work and parked it behind my apartment.
So if you're looking at parts in st louis or near by and come across xs650 model parts that matche the pictures at all post em!

View attachment 175136 My first bike was in 2008 at 17 years old I thought the only way to go was cbr600rr so I got one a 2004. Owned another sport bike a few years later an 07 gsxr750. after a few friends wrecked.
I sold my bike and dropped my favorite hobby.
Then I got a great deal on this xs650 and fell right bike in love with riding again. They are very fun.

Well after owning my 77 xs650 less than a month with 300 miles under my belt my bike was stolen last night.View attachment 175137 View attachment 175138 I live in part of st. Louis that has some rough areas very near by. Its the third attempt to steal the bike. The first two times were in the parking lot at work. So I put a cable lock through the forks and wheel. I stopped riding to work and parked it behind my apartment.
So if you're looking at parts in st louis or near by and come across xs650 model parts that matche the pictures at all post em!

I’m sorry to hear you had your bike stolen. You never know, it might be recovered. I had a Mustang stolen from in front of my house and got it back in less than a day. However this works out, I hope it gets resolved quickly for you.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune . Years ago I had an old chevy stolen, no insurance, o well. Almost 9months later police called and said they found my car about 20 miles away. I rushed to the PD and was very disappointed, not my car. But it was , newer tires, amateur paint job, and seat covers. Whooo hu....

tim

GUESS WHAT! Found it abandoned. A bunch of wires cut laid it over and other damage but at least its home!

Hi keeger,
go buy a lottery ticket while your luck is still hot! And then think about moving to a better neighborhood.
I suppose that indoor bike storage ain't possible or you'd be doing it?
The UK is rife with bike theft and like anywhere else, thieves there go for the easy mark.
UK bike theft discouragement includes spotlights, video cameras, hardened chain, massive padlocks and buried anchor blocks.
UK bike thieves carry battery-powered angle grinders and go in groups of four to put your bike in a truck, security chain and all.
Thing is, your bike's thief is a stupid local amateur joy-rider and "Against stupidity the Gods Themselves contend in vain."

I just ordered a caliper lock from amazon they have great reviews. If you haven't checked em out give them a look they seem pretty cool and makes your bike look wired due to a reminder cable.

I once had a caliper lock, while in NM a storm rolled in and lifted the Road King enough to allow movement, guess what , it moved and the sudden stop tossed the King onto it's side and bent the rotor enough to kill front brake. The ride from Albuquerque to Roswell in the rain was pretty effing spooky. The only plus was the rotor replacement was covered under H-D warranty. I now have an alarm, stand the bike up and loose your hearing.

Glad to hear the bike is recovered.........Easy to stop an opportunist..........hard to stop a thief.

Had 2 bikes stolen over the years.........both my fault and both to opportunists.........Got both back without any damage.

With technology these days it would be easy to set something up to the phone to trace it..........

Back