Bad Fuel Filters

ThatXS650Guy

More Sparky than Speed Racer
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Bought these fuel filters but they only lasted a few months and very few miles. I got them on ebay and they are not VisuView or a name brand so I guess it serves me right. Anyway, I recommend staying away.
64578D65-3A2C-4ABE-A193-997E2161642B_zpsirv9uamm.jpg

Can't bring up your pic, for some reason.

Have you considered that they might actually work, properly did their job, and clogged from debris?

Really? I can see the pic fine. They are not clogged. They are virtually falling apart. They went from clear to opaque and just crumbled.

Post the seller so we all know to stay away. :doh:

Or I'm asking myself............Were you using Ethanol blend, did the seller include any precautions in the add?

Maybe you didn't ask any questions that could have an effect on how your usage related to their product.

So what brand are they?
And please don't say ebay. ebay makes nothing.
They are just junk. ethanol is to blame.
I use russels on both my bikes. they are the real deal. cleanable too. just back flush with carb cleaner.
http://russellperformance.com/mc/fuel-management/fuel-filters.shtml

LOL. I know eBay does not make anything. No brand name on them though.
No mention in the ad whether safe for ethanol or not. Honestly, I've never seen this. I've
been using Visu-Filters for years and never had a problem. I think these are just cheap chinese knock-offs even though they say made in the USA.
One thing I noticed is the use of plastic mesh as the filter medium. I don't think I've ever seen a Visu Filter that was not steel mesh or sintered bronze.

I like the Russels and run them in my truck but I needed a 90 degree or at least a very small one. I'll look around. Thanks for the tip.

here is the seller:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-Kawasaki...ts=Make:Kawasaki|Model:440+LTD#ht_1095wt_1001

Read the negative and neutral feedback and that was enough, 98.4% positive is not good

Nope. I read where some one else had the same problem as I did.
I would stay away from any filters that look like that.

Scary and thanks for the heads up! That easily could have caused a fire.
I've been looking for a 90 degree filter on a different bike and now I've been warned to watch out for bad product out there.

Back