For Sale - Badge Inserts

resto

XS650 Junkie
Top Contributor
Reaction score
SOLD

Made these for a member of the forum whom since has decided to go in a different direction with his tank. Therefore, these are for sale.

These are for the badge inserts only, made to fit into real Triumph badges (once you cut the centers out). You would have to be attaching these to a real Triumph tank for this to work. Made of all aluminum, more pics in my album.

Price: $30 plus shipping.

full

full

Made these for a member of the forum whom since has decided to go in a different direction with his tank. Therefore, these are for sale.

Hi resto,
Those are nice but I'd go broke buying the Triumph badges to put them in, eh?
Gimmie a quote for a set with a polished rectangular rim, black background and drilled to fit an XS650 tank?

Hi Fred,

I agree with you on the price of real Triumph badges, they've risen dramaticaly over the years. My intent though was that if the buyer had a Triumph tank, there was a good chance he'd already have the badges too.

Over the winter, I've played with some designs that would work on a Special tank. Main obstacle was the location of the screw holes to avoid having them go through the letters. It could be done, but the lettering and overall badge size would be larger than what looks good on that size of tank. I'll dig deeper into that.

I've also toyed with the idea of casting some sort of badge in pewter rather than making "one-offs". Was inspired by the early 50's Triumph tanks with the bands and knee grips.

5066769414_35b16c5606_b.jpg

- - - Over the winter, I've played with some designs that would work on a Special tank. Main obstacle was the location of the screw holes to avoid having them go through the letters. It could be done, but the lettering and overall badge size would be larger than what looks good on that size of tank. I'll dig deeper into that. - - -

Hi resto,
FWIW, most modern badges are stuck on with a superior quality of 2-sided tape.
That way "there ain't no steenkin' screw holes" to interfere with the lettering and the badges could be made the appropriate size.
Raised lettering "Yamahumph" badges would add more class than those decals and I'd be interested to see what you come up with.

Hi Fred,

Well, that put's a whole other spin on it. I assumed that because you have a Special tank that you would want to use the screw holes. Mind you, the badge would still have to be large enough to cover the tank indentations.

Send me quick drawing of what you have in mind, or I can come up with a couple of rectangular designs.

- - - Well, that put's a whole other spin on it. I assumed that because you have a Special tank that you would want to use the screw holes. Mind you, the badge would still have to be large enough to cover the tank indentations.
Send me quick drawing of what you have in mind, or I can come up with a couple of rectangular designs.

Hi resto,
my Special tank is still in really good shape with it's factory burgundy & black paint and Yamabadges.
I'm thinking of badges for the (I think '76, anyway it's the year they painted the logo on with no badge indentations) Standard tank that I use on the rig for the extra fuel capacity.
Right now it's got two of the little round plastic three tuning fork stick-on badges that the local Yamaha store sells for $6 each.

Back