Barracuda sighting!

Mailman

Hardly a Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Ran to the True Value hardware store today and check out what was in the parking lot!
One of the rarest muscle cars, the mighty Barracuda!
Barret Jackson auction was just here a few weeks ago, I wonder if that’s where this came from? It looked flawless!
07A6DA50-035F-4602-BF44-6A84F3F38A8F.jpeg
622E6906-89EA-4AFD-8B19-4A5B73CB8A41.jpeg
59408DA4-F406-47E5-BB4D-456283B2A400.jpeg
9E8BC9FF-CE79-472F-BAC3-3B1B024EBCAC.jpeg

At 16 years old I had a 1967 Plymouth GTX with that same 440 motor. The car was quicker than a Hemi up to around 60 mph. I will never forget passing gear in that car. You would stomp down on the gas pedal and the Carter AFB would open up and the torqeflite would down shift and .. you could not lean forward! I suppose I am lucky to be alive... the drum brakes would bring the car from 100 to 60 mph and then fade.....

lmao
MM did you get to hear it run? I love the sound of those V8s when they bark to life!

No, unfortunately. I hung around within sight of that car for a while just hoping to catch the owner and talk to him.
This car was in the retirement community of Sun City West, they have an absolutely HUGE car club with an enourmas shop, with lifts , compressors, and all the full on professional shop equipment. They have car shows that would blow your mind. A bunch of retired baby boomers with disposable income and a desire to recapture their youth!
I have been many times to the Barett Jackson auto auction in Scottsdale Az and it is just the most spectacular gathering you can imagine. Hundreds and hundreds of muscle cars, hot rods and classics. If you've ever watched the auctions on TV, I'll tell you the real action is outdoors. They have about four big open sided tents the size of football fields and all the cars that are participating in the auction are parked in rows out there. The really cool part is the owners are right there and eager to talk about their cars and let you look in them. They are also starting them up all the time and it IS a treat to hear those muscle cars roar to life.

Nice looking ride thats a 72 Cuda...............440 hockey stripe car. My first car was a Mopar and have loved them ever since..........I keep telling myself if I ever get a car again it will be the new Dodge Challenger........

It's just a shame what has happened to 70's muscle car prices. I went to high school in the early 70's and at that time a lot of muscle cars were just used cars showing up on local car lots. My high school parking lot was absolutely filled with Mustangs, GTO's, Camaro's, Chevelles, Road Runners, Novas, 442's, Torinos, you name it.
These cars should still be affordable hobby cars, but have been priced out of reach by auto auction investors, who treat these cars like retirement funds.
That's why loved seeing that Cuda actually being used and enjoyed. Whoever owned that car probably paid as much as for that car as I did for my first house, but by God they were enjoying it and driving it the way it was intended for!

It's just a shame what has happened to 70's muscle car prices. I went to high school in the early 70's and at that time a lot of muscle cars were just used cars showing up on local car lots. My high school parking lot was absolutely filled with Mustangs, GTO's, Camaro's, Chevelles, Road Runners, Novas, 442's, Torinos, you name it.
These cars should still be affordable hobby cars, but have been priced out of reach by auto auction investors, who treat these cars like retirement funds.
That's why loved seeing that Cuda actually being used and enjoyed. Whoever owned that car probably paid as much as for that car as I did for my first house, but by God they were enjoying it and driving it the way it was intended for!

Oh I agree.........I remember the high school parking lot.........and well still looking for that perfect car to pick up........may cost me but someday I will have it and drive the shit out of it.......I want to be that senior citizen leaving rubber on the pavement while the handicap placard is hanging in the window :laugh2: need to find a Buick GS as I think those were the only decent ones oh maybe a small Riviera........ MIL drives a Buick I give her a heard time.........

Back