Beefy's Bobber Build

FFBeefy

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Ok so I bought two xs 650's a while back which were both in rough shape with the intention of building at least one bobber here they are...

http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25425

So the plan was to either buy a weld on hardtail or get a frame custom made, but then a complete frame came up for sale on ebay with forks, wheels and mustang tank so I snapped her up.

Here it is:

IMG_1493.jpg

IMG_1737.jpg

Apparently it could possibly be an Uncle Bunt Frame, All I know is the second the seller took the cover off of it, I was in love!!:D He reckons the rear wheel is from a suzuki, not sure on front wheel or forks yet, It has wide slab yokes on and a practically brand new Mustang tank with twin chrome caps. Front and rear polished calipers included too.

So after getting it home, I stuck the engine in,Carbs on and balanced the exhausts for a look. and thats how it sits at present

IMG_1969.jpg

IMG_1958.jpg

IMG_1951.jpg

IMG_1940.jpg

So once work gets quieter, I plan on getting stuck in but that wont be anytime soon I dont think:shrug:.
In the mean time going to sell some spares and hopefully source a peanut/wassell tank, a nice sprung bobber seat and eventually a springer front end.

Then the real fun begins!!!

Beefy.

I like everything about that bike except that sprung ironing board seat. That has to go (unless you like it)!! I like those custom built yokes (triple trees). I'm not sure a springer would look or ride any better. Nice long wheel base, should ride nice. Keep up the good work.

Haha cheers guys, yeah the seat was taken off straight away, that was an effort made by the previous owner!!

Got my heart set on springers but, could always save them for the other bike, we shall see.

Beefy.

Back