Beer

Oh, Dude, there's more.

Whattya do when you reach for your beer,

And you see this:

raging-bitch-IPA.gif

that's the truth Pete ! LOL
My beer is the cheapest I can find that has a decent alcoholic content.... Yes I drink it for the alcohol !
Natural ICE is good for me, Budwiser when I can afford it and Michelob if money is no object !
but Most beer taste the same to me... harsh and too much hops, ( i don't care for bitter!) but I dearly LOVE a beer with Malt and lots of it.
Schlitz Malt liquor is one I really like but cannot find it anymore.
but it seams the only way to get it is brew my own... which I have been considering doing for a few years now !
......And yes I love wine too... sangria and Rose' are my favorites !
Bob.........

My Dad, a native German, brewed his own beer back in the '60's. How good was it? When I was staioned in Germany in the '80's and had my first German Pilsner...I had flashbacks of ol' Dads beer! Yeah I was a kid back in the 60s, but that didn't stop me from sampling some of Dad's brew from his mug. He knew what we(sisters did it too) doing.

I've brewed about 35 gallons over the last ten years or so using extract, not so much anymore.....too much work for the amount I drink. The commercial brew that comes the closest to anything that I produced and actually liked is the Yeunglings Black and Tan......easy on the hops with a hint of molasses. Buds Black Crown is a nice full bodied beer too.
Around here it seems that assholes like the canned light beers, as that's what I find strewn along the wooded lane from time to time.

Been a fan of good beers for a very long time. For the last few years my attention has been focused on the IPA's, the hoppier the better. Here are three current favorites. (there should be a "Fresh Squeezed" from Deschutes up there but I drank the last one last night)
IPA forever 003.JPG

roy

Canadian beer, Dutch beer, or German beer....................any brand, I like then all.
No disrespect to the many Americans on this site, but I just don't care for american beer.
Glacier fresh Kokanee is real nice!

View attachment 105563
My dad brought this back from a trip he'd made to Ottawa, Very good beer.

This is my favorite.
upload_2017-9-6_10-13-3.jpeg Local to Wisconsin, but if you ever get the chance.

New Glarus is a great place to visit. The heritage is Swiss as is much of the architecture. It's a bit of a tourist trap but fun nontheless. The beers are superb!

As for American beers, I'm not sure what that means anymore. To be sure, Coors Lite/Miller Lite/Bud Light are not really beer by my definition. My Dad would have said "They're like sex on the beach" (fucxin' near water). But for me and most of my friends the action is with the micro brews. So many small breweries making so many good beers all over this nation. I don't think people who really enjoy beer and get around a bit think this is a wasteland at all.

roy

Last edited:
There is a time for a Coors/Busch/Bud Light for me and that is post sporting activities. In my case hockey, nothing better than working ur arse off for an hour or two then cracking open a delicious Coors light. :cheers:
But a beer to sit down and enjoy and relax next to a fire with family and friends. A good beer is needed. IMO

Yup - I agree Mackels.

I know that it isn't fashionable in Canada to admit this (if I gave a sh!t about fashion, would I be riding a 41 year old motorcycle and have a playlist full of Doobies, Hall & Oates The Travelling Wilburys and other geriatiric rock stars?) but if it is good and cold, a nice Coors or Bud is very refreshing on a hot day and one or two of them (dare I say 5?) doesn't do much on the buzz meter, so its all good.

I can't recall the danged names right now (WingedWheel, Aldo or Mr.TW can help here, I'm sure) but I've had some VERY tastey craft beers in Detroit - so I totally agree that good beer does live in the Land of the Free!

Again I say - there really is no bad beer (except Star brand beer in Nigeria - which is truly vile), it's just that some beer takes a bit longer for which to acquire a taste.

Pete
(Originator of the term BEvERage on the XS650.com Forum)

Last edited:
That sounds like the start of a Burt Reynolds car chase movie plot!

The first time i came out here i had a 30 foot box truck with two motorcycles in the back, all my tools, and 24 cases of yuengling. I loaded the last six cases in memphis and a cop watched me load them laughing. Told me it looked like i was headed to one hell of a party and that he liked my bikes. i was on my way ten min later lol

The first time i came out here i had a 30 foot box truck with two motorcycles in the back, all my tools, and 24 cases of yuengling. I loaded the last six cases in memphis and a cop watched me load them laughing. Told me it looked like i was headed to one hell of a party and that he liked my bikes. i was on my way ten min later lol

....how many Harleys did you run over during your trip Schlake? ;)

There's a brand of beer in Turkey named Epe's. No quality control on the alchohol content. One or 2 might floor you or a case and no buzz what so ever. At least back in the 80's... Kinda of a Coors taste. What I call a Kool aide beer. Very drinkable but mystery of what will happen....

Can't beat Corona with lime and Mexican food.
What kind of beer is the puppymonkeybaby commercial? I can't remember what they're trying to sell, but it has to be beer. The guy who wrote the commercial needs to be institutionalized.

Do you guys love ginger beers. I love them. I used them to make moscow mule(my favorite drink). My reason to love them is there are no substitutes to quality ingredients when making ginger beer. No ginger essence is added, no artificial carbonation and no high fructose syrups as sweeteners. Only fresh ginger is used here and cane sugar as a sweetener.
Do you drink them ?

Back