Being an adult sux sometimes...

More-or-less Final Update:

After a dry spell, I got another hit on my Craigslist ad. Guy wanted one final drive and maybe a steering clutch.

He just left with BOTH final drives, BOTH steering clutches, the radiator and the center section casting. Plus the feller that rode down with him bought an old tank of a Craftsman snowblower I had tucked in the back of the shed.

That covers what I paid for the thing, my trip to get it and puts a few bucks in my pocket. Plus I still have all the sheet metal which should sell well, and the complete dozer blade and mounting frame.

It sounds like a cable TV show. "...on the next Flipping Bulldozers ..."
All the car and house shows rolled into one. Where a guy from Downeast Maine buys old, derelict bulldozers, repairs & repaints them, and sells them for a tidy profit.... It just might work! :doh:

Well, it'd be a step up from the bullshit "reality" shows they have now...

It sounds like a cable TV show. "...on the next Flipping Bulldozers ..."
All the car and house shows rolled into one. Where a guy from Downeast Maine buys old, derelict bulldozers, repairs & repaints them, and sells them for a tidy profit.... It just might work! :doh:
Just need to get a kid to get in an argument with about some stupid detail like should we use a acetylene torch or grinder with cut-off wheel to remove that track frame!

Must be the weather these days!

On the Heavy Equipment forum I hangout on when not causing trouble here a guy mentioned the lack of long drawn out threads from owners that ask questions then don't take advice the real experts offer. Well that thread got to around 70 replies in about 24 hours! Have to admit I was one of the trouble makers there posting messages. A few were about someone asking why his dozer won't start after running out of oil , my suggestion was to replace the key due to it getting weak. Then to one I was looking for parts for a 1957 Sumbeam MixMaster. Now I have to go back there and let them know I actually did find the parts and sent $20.00 via PayPal to the guy who has them!

Flipping bulldozers.
Now, THAT'll raise a few eyebrows...

You’re gonna need a bigger barn!
741B2D95-3755-4892-B630-E9BDB4F2744A.jpeg

More-or-less Final Update:

After a dry spell, I got another hit on my Craigslist ad. Guy wanted one final drive and maybe a steering clutch.

He just left with BOTH final drives, BOTH steering clutches, the radiator and the center section casting. Plus the feller that rode down with him bought an old tank of a Craftsman snowblower I had tucked in the back of the shed.

That covers what I paid for the thing, my trip to get it and puts a few bucks in my pocket. Plus I still have all the sheet metal which should sell well, and the complete dozer blade and mounting frame.
You are the definition of a "Yankee Trader" :thumbsup:

Kinda reminds me of the old joke:

A young man from Minnesota moves to Florida and goes to a big "everything under one roof" department store looking for a job.
The Manager says, "Do you have any sales experience?" The kid says "Yeah. I was a salesman back in Minnesota ."
Well, the boss liked the kid and gave him the job. "You start tomorrow. I'll come down after we close and see how you did."

His first day on the job was rough, but he got through it. After the store was locked up, the boss came down. "How many customers bought something from you today?"

The kid says "One".

The boss says "Just One? Our sales people average 20 to 30 customers a day. How much was the sale for?"

The kid says "$101, 237.65".

The boss says "$101,237.65? What the heck did you sell?"

The kid says, "First, I sold him a small fish hook. Then I sold hi m a medium fishhook. Then I sold him a larger fishhook. Then I sold him a new fishing rod. Then I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down the coast, so I told him he was going to need a boat, so we went down to the boat department and I sold him a twin engine Chris Craft. Then he said he didn't think his Honda Civic would pull it, so I took him down to the automotive department and sold him that 4x4 Expedition."

The boss said, "A guy came in here to buy a fish hook and you sold him a BOAT and a TRUCK?"

The kid said "No, the guy came in here to buy Tampons for his wife, and I said, 'Dude, your weekend's shot, you should go fishing.' "

:laughing: S.B.O.M.N. (Snorted Beer Out My Nose)! That's my favorite movie of all time! And it keeps getting funnier every time I see it!
(..."Oh, boys! He's come back for his noon feeding!"...)

When that movie first came out, I was stationed in Japan. I'd taken my son down to the Naval Hospital at Yokosuka for a minor procedure and while there, stayed with a Navy buddy of mine that was stationed in the area. We went to see it at the base theater. Lou had seen it before and assured me I'd love it.

So we're sitting there in the base theater and The Big Scene comes up. When that sharked popped up, I literally jumped a foot in the air. The theater had those spring-loaded fold up seats. When I jumped, the seat folded up and when I came back down I landed on my ass on the floor.

That sonofabitch Lou still laughs about it today when we talk and that was more than 40 years ago!

Back