Best of luck to all

retiredgentleman

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I will no longer be participating in this web site. This used to be a good site, and I enjoyed the technical problem solving. However the quality of the postings has slowly gone down hill, until there is nothing left that interests me.

Cheers

I think you should reconsider, I for one really appreciate any wisdom that I have learned from your posts!

I think you should reconsider too. Do you have to go completely dark? I agree that not much on the Forum interests me very much any more, thus I hardly participate compared to how much I contributed in the past, but still, I find the Forum invaluable, and I still try to give back when I can.

I find my interest comes and goes. Yes the technical fields are pretty well plowed. And the lounge is just that. but I agree you have lot to offer even if we occasionally don't share the same view. :sneaky: How boring it would it be if we all constantly held hands and sang Kumbya?
ps I was guessing you were suffering from cabin fever in a recent post. Been borderline depressed myself. But suns out and it's a bit warmer today, roads haven't been salted, may drag out the RSV barge for town errands now.
you could do a "reversible" project mod on your bike.....and document it here.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that RG. Thank you very much for your contributions over the years. I've always respected your posts and when it came to anything electrical
always followed your advice. My VR115/solid state regulator hasn't missed a beat since I installed it. Best of luck to you too, long may you run.
(One less canuck on my trip to the Arctic ocean :()

I find my interest comes and goes. Yes the technical fields are pretty well plowed. And the lounge is just that. but I agree you have lot to offer even if if occasionally don't share the same view. :sneaky: How boring it would it be if we all constantly held hands and sang Kumbya?
ps I was guessing you were suffering from cabin fever in a recent post. Been borderline depressed myself. But suns out and it's a bit warmer today, roads haven't been salted, may drag out the RSV barge for town errands now.
you could do a "reversible" project mod on your bike.....and document it here.

Agreed - we all have our moments....;)

...However the quality of the postings has slowly gone down hill....
I was gonna stay out of this one but then my good side got the better of me...
RG, you basically called three gentlemen here liars, so I'd agree... that's a hit to the quality.... I'm curious, what outcome did you expect from that comment?
When good explanations of why we weren't lying were given, instead of apologizing or even just letting it go, you doubled down. It didn't have to come to this.

Having said all that, I'm a forgive and forget kinda guy. I'd just as soon we all turned the page and carried on as before:)
Cheers

Your advice will definitely be missed by me!!!

I appreciate your concerns and have noticed a waning in quality since about July, but I assume the good stuff is seasonal i.e. the winter months when all the projects get going. I also notice there are several quite needy questions being asked at times by new members, but I think this indicates a big revival taking place in the XS Market. There seems to be a new generation of bike owner wanting to understand engines that can actually be worked on. You certainly have the years of experience to guide them. Perhaps you could keep in touch just for the really meaty enquires where experience is lacking for new members like myself????

Whatever you decide I hope you continue to enlighten others as you have done on this Forum.

I will no longer be participating in this web site. This used to be a good site, and I enjoyed the technical problem solving. However the quality of the postings has slowly gone down hill, until there is nothing left that interests me.
Cheers

Well Damnit RG!
have you lost your bottle? Never mind the tech talk, there's nothing that stimulates the mind like participating in a good ruction.

Made me look
ruc·tion
ˈrəkSHən/
noun
informal
  1. a disturbance or quarrel.
    • unpleasant reactions to or complaints about something.
      "If Mrs. Salt catches her there'll be ructions"
Same base as ruckus?
"mom'll raise a ruckus when she sees that broken lamp

Last edited:
I don't post much here, but please reconsider RG. Your posts are well thought out and informative. The site has changed over the years, but haven't we all, and I still visit and check out what is happening. There are a lot of guys that need your knowledge, so don't go. John.

Sorry you've decided to leave RG. I respect your electrical knowledge and your eye for detail. However, lately I've noticed a distinctly caustic tone in your posts. A tone that this forum has always managed to avoid. It's just a hobby after all. Something to be enjoyed. If you can't find it here you are better off gone. Happy trails.

roy

Sorry you've decided to leave RG. I respect your electrical knowledge and your eye for detail. However, lately I've noticed a distinctly caustic tone in your posts. A tone that this forum has always managed to avoid. It's just a hobby after all. Something to be enjoyed. If you can't find it here you are better off gone. Happy trails.
roy

Hi roy,
and what's wrong with caustic?
I read about a US company that made a backpack that had a sensor to monitor the wearer's brainwaves so that when he felt thwarted or put-upon a hand would come out, pat the wearer on the shoulder and a soothing voice would say "Never mind, cheer up, things will soon get better."
I prefer the British version. Same backpack and sensors except a boot would come out, kick the wearer in the arse and a drill-sargeant's voice would scream " Get on with it you 'orrible little man!"

RG, I've always respected the way you take a stand for your opinions, that's the way it's just got to be. You need this forum just like the rest of us do, what's the alternative? The real world is a mess and this is one of the best get-aways available.

Scott

Back