Best XS1100 websites?

Run Jeff! There’s still time! :laugh2:
:) Yup, I wouldn't have this project in my workshop; my interest is in helping my friend get it back together so he can get his bro-in-law's 1100 on the road and thus supporting the fella in getting back to riding a bike again after he crashed the other XS1100.
Our vision is to have the three of us riding together in the next year or so.
My buddy has a '71 Norton Commando 750; you might recall my report from a bike show in Groton, NY this year where three of us XS650.com members showed up.
That's my '75 in the background.
Gary's Norton.jpeg

Last edited:
That depends upon how crooked the road is. The XS1100 is capable, but it's a hand full. The XS650 is pretty nimble and has plenty of grunt.
Back when I had my XS11, I weighed the same 160 I do now. 30 min on the twisties was like a trip to the gym. ;)

This bike has the indicators that it is a 1981 XS1100SH. Hopefully, XS11.com will be back in the next month or two. A project like this will be mutually beneficial to both the site and getting this worthy motorcycle back on the road.

You're probably aware it's wearing a Mac exhaust. I don't know that anyone manufactures exhaust for this bike any longer.

This bike has the indicators that it is a 1981 XS1100SH. Hopefully, XS11.com will be back in the next month or two. A project like this will be mutually beneficial to both the site and getting this worthy motorcycle back on the road.

You're probably aware it's wearing a Mac exhaust. I don't know that anyone manufactures exhaust for this bike any longer.

Just a note on exhausts: Lakeview has bought a couple of pairs of shorty H-D Sportster mufflers (easily found as take-offs around custom bike shops and swap meets - cheap) and they sound fantastic on an XS650 and they look good too. Fitting them is easy and I'll bet the same would be true on an XS1100.

BTW - just wanted to confirm that they do not leak oil either and H-D - no matter what else, does a danged good job on chrome.

Back