Beware, this Website may give you a heart attack . . . literally!

tnbert

Banned
Reaction score
Reading through Garage Forum a few days ago and suffered a damn heart attack! Been having chest pains on-and off for a couple of weeks prior, but blew them off and thought nothing like that could happen to me. Suddenly it felt like someone standing on my chest and sweat started pouring from my forehead!
I immediately knew what was happening.
Few days in Vanderbilt Hospital and back home now. Left coronary artery required a stent. Could have been a lot worse. Feel pretty good except for the realization that I'm now an old fart and have to cut back on my favorite greasy/salty foods and take meds. However, I can't wait to get to work on my two XS's since the weather is getting nice.
My advice is to enter the Garage Forum at your own risk and take it in small doses. Otherwise, it's so informative and exciting it might just kill you! Don't screw around with chest pains like I did. Get them checked out early.

Man that sucks, but glad to hear you're OK. You take care of yourself.

Is rideing an XS 650 considered excerize? Seriously, Take care.

I do appreciate all that wish me well. I posted my situation because I thought it interesting that I was doing something enjoyable and seemingly harmless when this happened. Also wanted to reemphasize what we all know . . . don't ignore chest pains!
The doctor's have put a big dent in my cigarettes, drinking, eating and wallet, but they better not lay a hand on my XS! You're right Azman, sounds like good therapy to me! Thanks to all.

Back