Bike lift and or bike bench ideas and pics

Mellowyellow

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Bike build has been on hold for a while due to house renos, but this spring im setting up the 2 car garage as my shop. No garden stuff no christmas storage just shop stuff hahaha hopefully.

I have a couple good wooden benches i built but would really like to build a good bike lift.

Someday I will buy a handy lift but until then I want to build a nice wooden bench that is easy to get a bike on and off.

Any ideas guys, Picks would be great

Thanks

I hav been looking around for something too. I was all set to buy a lift till I hit a deer in my truck last week and now have other things to spend my cash on.

Anyway I have been thinking about something like this:

noid-4.jpg

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG...om/2009/11/the-best-homemade-bike-table-ever/

Found it on the XS650 choppers site. Its really a great idea and could be built pretty cheap. I might build one out of unstrut and add a wheel chock to the front though. It might be a little difficult to load a bike on this setup by yourself but with a helper it should be pretty easy.

Thats a pretty sweet little setup. Looks like you could fold it up when your not using it too. Hmmm ya i like that.

Ya I like the Easyrizer for certan applications but for myself im looking for more of a building platform.

Beagle???
oh... by the way I have a Kendon: very practical if expensive...

3cb7522e.jpg

Posted via Mobile

I'm lovin' the triple! Buddy had one back in the day. I had an RT360 Yamaha enduro, he wanted to try dirt biking and I wanted to check out the H1, so we swapped for a day. What a beast! Throttle wheelies at will in the first three gears. Scared the crap out of myself!

My original "old" work table was a metal stand that served as the resting place for an old home central air conditioning unit. It was going to be scrapped but I had a better idea, lol .....

OldWorkTable.jpg

I had to add some short extensions front and rear (the front one can fold down when not in use), added a shelf below, and put it on wheels. No wheel clamp, just tie downs to eye bolts I also installed. The high lip on the front extension acts as a wheel stop. It's only short coming really is loading the bike on and off. You need a ramp so basically, it's just like putting the bike in and out of a truck bed.

Eventually, I "gragiated" to the HF table lift, what a joy. I still have and use that old table but it gets the long term projects, lol .....

HFLift.jpg

I built this one for the XS I don't have yet. Hopefully by next week I'll be the proud owner of a 79.
http://www.bbcracing.com/old/box/
Since I took the pics, I added a HF wheel chock. Total cost is around $ 115. I like that you can take it apart for storage.

Attachments

• 2012-02-05 14.15.09.jpg
    2012-02-05 14.15.09.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 160
  • 2012-02-05 14.14.58.jpg
    2012-02-05 14.14.58.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 195
Built this in about an hour and a half. I had nearly everything I needed already but a few nuts and bolts.

100_1327.jpg

100_1329.jpg

Its not a one man job to load the bike but I could probably put a dirt bike up there by myself. I still need to work on the wheel chock a little to get it sturdy enough to hold a bike without the straps.

Back