1. Having trouble logging in? Try closing your browser and re-opening it. If that doesn't work, try a different browser or device. The site will be updated soon to resolve these browser issues.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Bike lift and or bike bench ideas and pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mellowyellow, Feb 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Mellowyellow

Mellowyellow XS650 Addict

Hey guys,

Bike build has been on hold for a while due to house renos, but this spring im setting up the 2 car garage as my shop. No garden stuff no christmas storage just shop stuff hahaha hopefully.

I have a couple good wooden benches i built but would really like to build a good bike lift.

Someday I will buy a handy lift but until then I want to build a nice wooden bench that is easy to get a bike on and off.

Any ideas guys, Picks would be great

Thanks

2. Furious D

Furious D XS650 Addict

I hav been looking around for something too. I was all set to buy a lift till I hit a deer in my truck last week and now have other things to spend my cash on.

Anyway I have been thinking about something like this:

[​IMG]

http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG...om/2009/11/the-best-homemade-bike-table-ever/

Found it on the XS650 choppers site. Its really a great idea and could be built pretty cheap. I might build one out of unstrut and add a wheel chock to the front though. It might be a little difficult to load a bike on this setup by yourself but with a helper it should be pretty easy.

3. Mellowyellow

Thats a pretty sweet little setup. Looks like you could fold it up when your not using it too. Hmmm ya i like that.

4. Max Midnight

Max Midnight XS650 Addict

I have an Easyrizer - if it can lift my Max the an XS won't bother it!

[​IMG]

5. Mellowyellow

Ya I like the Easyrizer for certan applications but for myself im looking for more of a building platform.

6. prmurat

prmurat XS650 Enthusiast

Beagle???
    oh... by the way I have a Kendon: very practical if expensive...

[​IMG]

Posted via Mobile

7. Downeaster

Downeaster Everything in XS Top Contributor

I'm lovin' the triple! Buddy had one back in the day. I had an RT360 Yamaha enduro, he wanted to try dirt biking and I wanted to check out the H1, so we swapped for a day. What a beast! Throttle wheelies at will in the first three gears. Scared the crap out of myself!

8. 5twins

5twins XS650 Guru Top Contributor

My original "old" work table was a metal stand that served as the resting place for an old home central air conditioning unit. It was going to be scrapped but I had a better idea, lol .....

[​IMG]

I had to add some short extensions front and rear (the front one can fold down when not in use), added a shelf below, and put it on wheels. No wheel clamp, just tie downs to eye bolts I also installed. The high lip on the front extension acts as a wheel stop. It's only short coming really is loading the bike on and off. You need a ramp so basically, it's just like putting the bike in and out of a truck bed.

Eventually, I "gragiated" to the HF table lift, what a joy. I still have and use that old table but it gets the long term projects, lol .....

[​IMG]

9. pumps

pumps XS650 Junkie

10. 3Deuces

3Deuces XS650 Addict

I built this one for the XS I don't have yet. Hopefully by next week I'll be the proud owner of a 79.
    http://www.bbcracing.com/old/box/
    Since I took the pics, I added a HF wheel chock. Total cost is around $ 115. I like that you can take it apart for storage.

Attached Files:

11. Furious D

Furious D XS650 Addict

Built this in about an hour and a half. I had nearly everything I needed already but a few nuts and bolts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its not a one man job to load the bike but I could probably put a dirt bike up there by myself. I still need to work on the wheel chock a little to get it sturdy enough to hold a bike without the straps.