Bike show in Kansas City

pumps

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
I attended the annual Ralph Wayne's Backyard Vintage bike show Saturday and met Kent in KC and his beautiful bride there. The Rocket Dog was getting a lot of attention. If you want to look at some pictures click on the link to my photobucket account.
Appearing in front of the Rocket Dog is Kent and me behind. A wonderful time was had. Lots of cool bikes to look at. HDs , vintage rice and italian, BMWs , british iron etc. Something I thought was cool was two pre-1916 bikes that raced in the cross country cannonball run here recently.
http://s135.photobucket.com/albums/q148/pumps32/Ralph Waynes 2010/
Now , two dashing young men.
IMG_0088.jpg

Great stuff. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure there are enough bikes in the Nashville area for a show like this. Maybe I'll look into this. Cheers.:thumbsup:

I shoulda come to KC Saturday. I am near Fayetteville AR and half of KC was here for Bikes Blues & BBQ. It was a madhouse and not much vintage, which I prefer.

If you look at the pictures I took looking up and down the street you can see lots of HDs. Maybe 70% ? Never enough vintage for me!

I wish I would have been off, I would have loved to been able to make this. When I get my XS650 done we'll have to do a KC meet sometime soon. Have you guys ever been up to the swap meets up the Indian Drive In? Some pretty cool stuff usually shows up there.

Where is the Indian drive in?:confused: Do you mean the Jeff Williams swap meets held at the Twin drive in out on 291 & Kentucky out in Independence? That's the only bike swap meet I know of.

Saturday was my last hurrah for the season. XS still in pieces with lots of parts to put on . Winterized my SRX 6. Battery pigtail installed. Stabil in the full tank. In bed in the barn.
Tomorrow morning I'm having back surgery and will be not doing much of anything till after the first of the year. Hopefully I will get around well enough after a while to get out there and maybe direct my son on what to do to get the parts on the XS. Going to be a long three months of recovery I think. :shrug:

Just don't overdo anything that will set your recovery back. So when your son's not doing some thing just right don't jump in there and do it yourself, better to call it a day and go inside and tell stories over a brew or three.

Back