Bike spontaneously won;t run while off choke.

Interesting about Shell gas.

Wish I had seen something obvious in there, though... still not sure exactly what the issue is, though maybe something else will get cleared when I get more cleaner and hit the passages. I suppose it could even be the tiniest speck.

Well, I cleaned the carb, put everything back together (except for my air induction setup, as the plastic runner broke), and fired the bike up. It worried me at first, because it was running only on the left cylinder. But both (Iridium :( ) plugs were fouled, likely from all the choking. So I put new plugs in, and thankfully she fired right up and came off the choke pretty quickly, and I just keep the r's up with the throttle and play with the idle speed screw til it will idle. So, something must have gotten into the pilot circuit. Don't know what, though.

I still have to ride the bike, though, to see if I'm where I was last fall, though the carb setup has not changed, so I hope I'm back where I want to be. I did my idle testing today with no air cleaner, as I have to figure something else out there now. I have a 62mm cone filter on the way from Mike's that I hope will fit without any further mods to my side cover. Barring that, I'll have to try a short stack with some sort of filtering... not sure yet.

Fingers crossed that I'm at least as good as I was last fall.

TC

Back