Biker Build Off again on TV

member3480

RICH
Reaction score
OK what did you think????
The first BIKER BUILD OFF was aired on Monday on TV and bikes were nice money different time to build different and they even went to GARAGE BUILDERS which was nice. The bike that won was nice but you can tell from the votes of who watches the show.. SORRY I don't tweet or facebook. You tweeted the winner. We need some Garage Builder on there that are not Harley builders to shake it up a little. My shop was on the list for the original BIKER BUILD OFF but we just could not raise the $20,000 plus to build which they wanted you to have. This one now gives each builder $15,000 and boy could you build a XS650 or a CB750 with that. May have to come out of retirement and hire JD out of Cally and a couple of you other guys who I think have great talent HAHA
So for you guys who watched what did you think?

I watched it and would have liked to see more of the actual building of the bikes but you are right it was nice to see garage type builders in it. It was also nice to see the different styles of builds represented but I would like to see something other than Harley builds in there as well. Just my 2 cents. I don't know if I will keep watching though as I said I would like to have seen more of their build process.

Discovery's website gives a little information on next week's episode. All 3 builders are from North Carolina (wish HHB was in there ...). The only pic I saw for this episode shows a bike with what appears to be a home-brew turbo hanging off the side of a motor that looks to be something other than a harley. Could be an interesting show.

That would be nice to see an XS on there. I thought hugh was doing some show or something.....anyways I bet it would trip a lot a people out!!!

Yeah BikerLive from the folks that brought you Gold Rush. My brother in law was interviewed for it and was kinda pissed that he didn't make it on. Now that a couple of episodes have aired he doesn't feel so bad about it. A lot of these guys are building frames and tanks from scratch and they only show them throwing their tools and struggling to get the engine started on the "last day". I told him next time they interview he and his partner need to get in a fight.

BTW, around the same time my brother in law was doing the interview videos for the show Hugh's was posting some very similar videos on their youtube page. Fingers crossed.

They won't do a Jap bike. Everyone that posted about it even on there page it was all Harley. They interviewed a buddy of mine at his shop in NY and it was $15,000 they gave you and American Made. I could build a killer HAYABUSA or a killer quad or just a long low mean XS650 but its got no chance. Wish it Did but you got the make be leave Sons of++++++ watching wish I was a outlaw biker watching these. If Hugh was on I would vote for him and I don't tweet. That's can be rigged too. I think they went out like before interviewed everyone and then made the list. Only problem guys don't understand is if you are a back house garage builder and use some big time accounts like I seen adds in a couple garages you may loose your account. Drag Special/custom chrome/parts unlimited STRICK RULES on who they sell too and two shops on there showed there hand and the ligit shops will complain. If I have to buy $10,000 to get account and have store front and you are working out of MAMA garage you would try and get something from the next order too. I think the show is just what it is NICE guys building out of there backyard garage.
UPDATE new one next week WAS THAT A HONDA V HOPE HOPE

Last edited:
Last night they had a VLX600 from Houston Retro Bobbers. Really gorgeous when they finished it up. The detail was amazing. Personally, I would have picked that bike.

The one that won (bacon speed shop I believe) was a sport/cafe type bike with a harley sportster engine. Not really my style, but I will give them credit for originality and they made a neat bike.

Third place was misfits bagger. It was a neat bike, but I think it rightfully got third place. It was the average bagger that you see on the cover of every bagger magazine - stretched bags and fender, 30" front wheel. While I wouldn't turn one down, I would honestly have taken the other bikes, which would likely be worth significantly less, over it. I guess it kind of felt played out before they even started building, because every scene with them in it, had them riding the exact same style of bike.

Excited to see this back on. Curious to see where it goes. Yes, agreed would be nice to see something in those frames besides a V-twin. Why does everything have to have so much bling? I guess an old school minimalist bobber wouldn't have a chance. Remember that old show where you had a week to build a bike and if you could fire it up and do a burn out you got to keep it? It was at the Exile cycles shop. I wonder if that cat is still in business. I use to love the industrial look of his bikes.

Last edited:
Excited to see this back on. Curious to see where it goes. Yes, agreed would be nice to see something in those frames besides a V-twin. Why does everything have to have so much bling? I guess an old school minimalist bobber wouldn't have a chance. Remember that old show where you had a week to build a bike and if you could fire it up and do a burn out you got to keep it? It was at the Excile cycles shop. I wonder if that cat is still in business. I use to love his industrial look.

When I saw who the builders were, I got excited about Houston Retro Bobbers because it looks like they do the minimalist thing. Complete builds starting at $4500...not bad as it looks like they do quality work. The detail, paint, engraving in that bike they did looked sick. Obviously something of that caliber was necessary to compete with those other shops.

When I saw who the builders were, I got excited about Houston Retro Bobbers because it looks like they do the minimalist thing. Complete builds starting at $4500...not bad as it looks like they do quality work. The detail, paint, engraving in that bike they did looked sick. Obviously something of that caliber was necessary to compete with those other shops.

There's the kicker... in order to compete. I hate that. Whatever happened to an appreciation for different styles. That one bagger bike looked like a Paulie JR. build. How big was that front wheel? Jeeze :eek:

There's the kicker... in order to compete. I hate that. Whatever happened to an appreciation for different styles. That one bagger bike looked like a Paulie JR. build. How big was that front wheel? Jeeze :eek:

Hey, if someone is giving you free advertising and $15k to compete...play along.

I like the show. But damn I'm tired of seeing only Harleys on there. I would love to see Hugh on there and build a killer XS650.

I don't do Harleys at all and I dislike the manufactured controversy those shows are built around. So I spend the time when I could be watching that crap working on the race car instead.

The harley's don't bother me, but I like to see them up against other bikes. Bacon's bike (the winning bike) used a sportster motor, but in a way that would probably piss a lot of HD enthusiasts off. Personally, I liked the VLX better than either of the other two.

im interested in watching this, but do not have a tv. are these online somewhere? cant seem to find them. discovery seems to do a good job of hiding these. could never find the gas monkey bike build episodes last year either.

Hulu might have it. Or maybe Roku might. I know a lot of people stream tv shows. A guy down the street from me has a Roku box and Amazon prime and watches a shit ton of shows.

I didn't care for the VLX bike. I don't care for flashy paint jobs keep it simple is how I like it. Bacons bike was totally mg style and looked like a blast to ride.

Back