Block off/Blasting Plate Templates Needed

alfredo

1978 xs650 Special
Reaction score
Has anyone made some templates for making block off plates for blasting motor parts? I have seen a lot of people making some stuff out of wood. I have a line on someone who will waterjet these for pretty cheap, but have no plans to give him.

I know I could use gaskets and make some plans, but won't have a gasket kit for a while and wanted to ask if someone might have drawn these up already. Would be a great addition to the documents available on here if someone wants to take up the task ;)

:cheers:

Honestly why waste all that time. I would just stuff rags and use a heavy tape over that...Should work the same and cut a lot of time.

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k541/RFLIVES1/2012-02-10233915.jpg

link to full size scan

2012-02-10233915.jpg

hey guys, not sure if you need it or not, but i can outline these in vector format so your guy should have an easier time just busting them out. i would definitely be interested in a set and would even pay if i needed to. if you're into it just let me know what type of file your guy needs and ill send it over....

ScreenShot2012-02-11at12758AM.png

Personally, I leave the breather housing and cam chain adjuster housings in place and blast them right along with the cylinder and head. I duct tape the breather nipples and leave the acorn nut on the cam chain adjuster. I don't directly blast either area, just up to the edge of them.

Back