Bloodhound Brat Build #2

bloodhound

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Well I have ripped the ugly stock 81 apart. Motor was from a different bike. I traded the good one for this stuck one. It ends up it just had been sitting and had a lot of carbon deposits. Motor is in great shape. In the lower pic I got some 11.5 progressive springs. I am making some bushings so the fit snug. Top rails are cut and will be removed once the shocks are on good.

i know you want to biuld it simular to a brat bike, but was wondering if you could post a pic, or link to that site with the closest representative you wish to aim for?

I will look for easier to read photos but this is the general idea.

Attachments

• brat2.jpg
    brat2.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 321
I don't know, I don't think it's a single downtube or previous hardtail. I think it's just an original from with the seat rails and tubes leading up to the upper rear shocks mounts redone. And obviously the gusseting and tube that the coil mounts to have been removed.

Here are some more. I am not doing exactly what is in the photos but this is just the style. I have a fender coming that I am going to rib, same with the tank.

Attachments

• brat.jpg
    brat.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 283
  • coolbratbike.jpg
    coolbratbike.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 243
Damn that SR500 is awesome! There a lot of nice bratstyle SR500s out there. Makes me want to cut mine up.

Dang! the more I look the harder it is to make up my mind on what to do to my 650. :shrug:You guys have such great ideas. I really want a rigid, but these Brats are awesome. Will decide this coming month when I really get time to tear into it. Building a bench and making room in my little garage first. Thanks for the great ideas, everybody.:thumbsup:

Ha Ha ....yeah guess you missed the part bout my "little garage" and also my small budget. Actually Im thinkin the same way...but time and money will tell. Then too my building skills might slow things up. I can do refurbs , but modifications and such are my weak points. Trying to get someone to teach me welding...then lookout!

Last edited:
Hi Bloodhound, Brats are tough to build, I started one and went to a hardtail instead because it was easier for me :banghead: They look simple to make but they are not :mad: I will try again someday but in the meantime I'll watch you do it :thumbsup: Your last bike came out beautiful and I'm sure you will not dissapoint this time either :wink2:

Back