BMW’s stunning 1800cc concept bike

Mailman

Hardly a Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/pictures/bmws-r18-concept-motorcycle-debut/

09A4B659-D8BA-45B8-8BEF-2EA0F5A2E682.jpeg

She's a beauty alright. Seems everyone wants in on the retro look. I'm not sure how well it'd sell though. A large part of the retro allure.... is the do it yourself aspect.

It’s pretty far out there as a concept bike. Slim chance it would ever be produced, but aspects of it might see production. That big honkin motor for one. But never say never with BMW, after all they produced this homely mess. It’s kinda like an ugly dog, and that ugliness kinda makes it cool! :D
6FE16CC6-EF8B-4BF8-8198-A12C6B25A8EB.jpeg

They also surprised me when they put out the R Nine T. Which is a very cool bike, but a whole bunch of low mileage used ones showed up here a year or two after they came out, which tells me they look cool but are just too impractical to ride.
402DECA5-BF7E-4ABC-A5FB-191357A991F1.jpeg

I was just watching that video, I am in love with that big honkin motor! When I had my BMW R100/7 , my favorite part of the bike was that motor. The raw mechanical look of the thing, like they just plucked it out of an old airplane.
The carburetors hang out , unobstructed and easy to work on and the valves are the easiest to adjust of any bike Ive ever owned. It was also the smoothest bike too.
I remember once, years ago, riding my BMW to an international bike show, where they had huge demo ride set ups from a dozen different factories. I spent The whole day there riding the latest and greatest big bikes, and at the end of the day, when I hopped back on my Beemer to ride home, I was surprised at just how well it stacked up to machines that were 40 years newer. Those old Beemers were just so well built. I’ve been very nostalgic for one here lately.

Back