Bobber build...need throttle tube

I am running that exact housing/tube on my '83. Fitment was great, I used it with Biltwell Kung-fu grips. Not sure how your cable goes into your stock housing, but on my '83 there was a metal "elbow" on the end with a small disc molded onto it that is used to hold it onto the factory throttle. Pic here:

51-3511.jpg

I drilled a hole in that housing from DCC and ran a 8-32x7/8" bolt up through it to secure the factory retainer onto the cable. Hard to describe, easy to do. Here's the factory retainer for my '83:

51-6517.jpg

Well thats good too hear that it worked, my bike is a 78, i do have the steel end on my throttle cable but dont remember a retainer like you have pictured there hmm?

I'll grab a picture tomorrow night of how I modified mine to work. Good quality unit for the money though.

Well looks like I'll be digging through the parts piles for that clip...and pics would be awesome I really appreciate the help man

Another one to check out is the monstercraftsman throttle tube. A little bit more money but its real nice. Also I'm pretty sure biltwell just released the whiskey throttle in 7/8...

retroLS1 you are the man....i cant thank you enough for those pics exactly what i needed to see...needless to say this is the route im going. Thanks again for the pics.

Quinn

No problem. They would've been helpful when I bought it too so glad I could save someone the trouble. I was mistaken, the screw I used was a 6-32x3/4. It doesn't really matter what size you use, as long as the head of the screw fits in that recess on the inside of the housing. I double-nutted the screw (that's what she said?) - one to hold the screw to the housing, added a washer or two to space it, and then added a nylok nut to hold down the retainer.

Back