Bobber build

CBJamie

BIKE ADDICT
Reaction score
Hi yall; Just want to introduce myself, I've been on CB750.com for a while now ( K2750tracy) and i'm about to start my XS bobber build. I have a KTM 450 supermoto inveted fork front end i'm going to use. raked to 22 deg... 4" stretch on the hardtail with 1.5" drop. I'm just in the parts gathering stage right now so no pics yet:(. Would really like to do a 270 rephase but due to funds will just go with a stock engine for now. Really looking forward to all your input and knowledge as i progress on this build. Currently i'm finishing up a CB350 hardtail bobber with a bit of a twist. Don't want to give any details till it gets finished.

Welcome to the forum, CBJamie.

...raked to 22 deg...

Huh? We started with 27°.

full

2M, ment to say will rake an additional 22 deg. The Ktm forks are about 10" longer than stock. Thanks for the diagram it will help when we get to cutting on the frame.

Thanks for the link, more info is allways welcome. My plan is just like yours cut backbone and bend the down tubes. My welder builds sprint car frames for a living so he's very knowlegable about tubing and frame work, and he has all the proper equipment to bend and cut the tubeing. He will be tig welding everything.

Picked this up Saturday 80 xs will be my donor bike for the bobber build

Attachments

• IMG_1358[1].jpg
    IMG_1358[1].jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_1359[1].jpg
    IMG_1359[1].jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 237
Welcome to the forum.
Re the king and queen camo seat - it might be worth some money to a deluded hipster, lol.
Never disappointed in how weird decades old style can look.

Got the motor running yesterday. So now j can tear it all down. Plan now is to build a frame from scratch and just put the neck on it. Hate to waste a good frame but my welder says he can build a better hardtail this way.

Got the motor running yesterday. So now j can tear it all down. Plan now is to build a frame from scratch and just put the neck on it. Hate to waste a good frame but my welder says he can build a better hardtail this way.

Hi Jamie,
perhaps you could check the list's classifieds for someone selling a titled neck so you don't have to waste your good frame?

Back