Bobber turn signals and switch ideas

rkeys

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I unfortunately live in a state where I'm required to have turn signals regardless of the year of the bike:thumbsdown:. That doesn't mean that I'm going to end up running them but I want to get some ideas of where others are mounting there turn signals on their hardtailed bobbers, Switch ideas would be great also. I would really like to see some picture.

I wasn't crazy about turn signals on the bike & they aren't even required in my state, but having them is nice & I figured it might help me from getting rear ended one day. Hand signals are not always possible depending on what youre doing, shifting, leaning in a turn etc.

I'm using the stock turn signal switch and I installed Oberon turn signals. Kinda pricey, but nice quality & very bright even during the day.

They mount in the end of the handlebars, like bar end mirrors... I had to drill 2 holes under the handlebar switches to pull the wires through & run them with everything, but I couldnt be happier with the results and I feel that they look better than any frame mounted signals I came across.. Visible from the front & back, so only 1 set for both...

You have to cut the end of the grips open & cut off the end of the throttle assembly. My only main gripe is to change the grips, I have to basically deinstall the signals & cut & re-splice the wires.

24065d1197160104-oberon-barend-turn-signals-oberon.jpg

I used Chris bullet turn signals on front and rear. Wired the rears to light up with the brake light. Just welded taps on the rear and for the front purchased a set of brackets from Motolanna. Hope this helps

Attachments

• DSC01187.jpg
    DSC01187.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 2,518
  • DSC01208.jpg
    DSC01208.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 2,949
These are great .. its what im installing /using .. not to noticable thru the day .. but dusk - dawn they are unmistakable

ledblinker.jpg

These are great .. its what im installing /using .. not to noticable thru the day .. but dusk - dawn they are unmistakable

ledblinker.jpg

I checked out that torkypig.com and couldn't find them? is that the site you bought them from? thats exactly what i'm looking for. my only problem, is where to mount them on the rear and still have them visible and not have my brake light drown out my left signal.. any ideas?

This is what I made from trailer led lights,and pipe parts. The led's came from VIP Auto,and the pipe from Home Depot.
[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 499
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 254
I checked out that torkypig.com and couldn't find them? is that the site you bought them from? thats exactly what i'm looking for. my only problem, is where to mount them on the rear and still have them visible and not have my brake light drown out my left signal.. any ideas?

here is all the info you should need > http://www.torkypig.com/mini-led-turn-signals.html

Buy the turns here > http://autolumination.com/indicator.htm

there about 3/4th the way down the page .. I bought the smaller of the 2 sizes and they are perfect

heres a few pics of mine during mock up .. sorry about the grainy pic .. and dim light the battery I used was dead

6923195838_a1295f3242_b.jpg

7069265345_657c5758e7_c.jpg

I used Chris bullet turn signals on front and rear. Wired the rears to light up with the brake light. Just welded taps on the rear and for the front purchased a set of brackets from Motolanna. Hope this helps

Those pipes are SIC!!!! Info?

attachment.php

Back