Bobber wiring diagram

my94probese

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Extremely new to the xs 650 bobber... heres what i have

78 xs650, completely bobbed with springer seat. 2 wire headlight, and tail light.

no turn signals.

Speedo (no tach)

tank under the seat holding wires, battery and relays

toggle switch for power

toggle switch for lights

push button start (no key) and kick start

stator and regulator

I just bought the boyer micro power ignition and plan to wire it up, but the previous owner has a fucking mess.

im looking for a diagram to wire up the bike as simple as possible

below is kinda how my bike is setup... i apologize for the newb shit

Attachments

• bobber wiring.jpg
    bobber wiring.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 1,264
Boyer comes with very good instructions and if you want a quick fix I do sell HARNESS KITS . Or you could follow one of the diagrams on here . Running kick only makes it even easier . My Starter kit has
ALL NEW 16 GAUGE WIRE
3 wires for head light HIGH-LOW- GROUND
3 wires for TAIL LIGHT BRAKE-RUNNING LIGHT-GROUND
2 Wires FOR HORN
2 Wires for BRAKE SWITCH
2 wires for COIL and PAMCO /BOYER/STOCK IGNITION
You finish it up and if you went to a store to buy 6 different color wires you would be spending at least $6.00 a roll $36.00 My kit is $45.00 without switches and $8.00 to ship. ALL WIRE DIFFERENT COLOR AND MARKED
I also sell complete harnesses starting at $125.00 with everything
Here are some diagrams I use and pic of Starter kit
Rich

Attachments

• 2014-07-12 08.30.01.jpg
    2014-07-12 08.30.01.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 2,080
  • 2014-07-12 08.29.00.jpg
    2014-07-12 08.29.00.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 2,245
  • spax.jpg
    spax.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 13,813
  • xs650-PMA-PAMCO-basic-diagram.jpg
    xs650-PMA-PAMCO-basic-diagram.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 20,596
  • 1981simplifiedwiring.jpg
    1981simplifiedwiring.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 17,567
Last edited:
Here is the newest design I am working on for choppers. Wires and switches in the bag.
This can be designed to be handle bar mounted or next to the seat. And the nice part is it comes with a plug that it can be removed for easy access or to stop someone from riding your bike. This one here is very simple ON/OFF/LIGHT and HIGH BEAM LOW BEAM SWITCH. I make these custom to your bike. HIDE IT ALL!
This setup comes complete with a complete harness.

Attachments

• 2014-08-22 07.56.17.jpg
    2014-08-22 07.56.17.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 809
  • 2014-08-22 07.56.31.jpg
    2014-08-22 07.56.31.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 858
im currently building a harness off of one of your diagrams, but i noticed the previous owner used a rectifier, assuming not stock in 78 and the stock regulator? the wires are all sorts of spliced.. there is no need for the regulator, just the rectifier correct? and also upon looking at the wiring, the stator has a yellow wire coming out with 3 white ones... what does the yellow one connect to?

how does that work, your diagram doesnt show a regulator.. just the rectifier... i have both of these on my bike, as much as ive read, i only need one?

Attachments

• regulator.JPG
    regulator.JPG
    7.9 KB · Views: 645
  • rectify.jpg
    rectify.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 742
Bikes that were older USED a separate REGULATOR and RECTIFIER
Bikes that were newer had a COMBINED REGULATOR/RECTIFIER
The first picture is from a older bike.
The diagram at bottom shows both.
So you must have a points bike with older parts??????

Attachments

• 650 wires.jpg
    650 wires.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 12,886
the bike is a 78.. it has a rectifier down on the frame (the 2nd pic) and the regulator inside the tank under the seat (1st pic) but he had them splice with some harness and was running both??

as of 20 minutes ago, i just finished rewiring the whole fucking bike, and eliminated the regulator (1st pic) from the situation and plugged the harness for the stator and rectifier together. She kick starts on the first try, and runs smooth, may need some timing adjustments. but i havent had it running long enough to make sure its charging correctly

nevermind, i watched a step by step video for wiring a rec/reg.. and i see what i forgot, so ill fix it tomorrow. and now to figure out the bucking while riding issue

Hey Rich, are you still selling wiring kits? My son just bought a really rough chopped 78 xs650 and the wiring is a mess!! Tiring to get it to run! The simpler the better.

Rich are you still selling wiring packages? If so I’m interested please message me or let me know where I can get in touch with you.

Back