For Sale - "Bonneville" style side cover badges.

resto

XS650 Junkie
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Just completed these. 4 pairs of "bonneville" side cover badges. Made of pewter, are flat but can be curved as needed. Price is $25 USD per pair, plus shipping.

107.JPG
108.JPG
109.JPG
110.JPG

Take my word for it folks - Resto's badges are BEAUTIFUL - they are durable, superbly finished and really look like factory parts.

Pete

agreed , have also his alternator badge and plate , very happy with all of them .. the alternator cover and badge gets a lot of looks and attention..all good value

It is my friend - hard to imagine!!!

I really love my XS650 badges - can't wait to put them on the cafe bike!

ENDORSEMENT ***I've bough several sets of different style pewter badges he has made in the past. They are well made and well worth his asking price !!! Unfortunately I have not mounted any of them yet, as that will be one of the finishing touches when I finish my build. The "crowning jewel" so to speak.

Do you make anything for the tank for us folks that run without side covers?

Well, this past winter I did start to toy with the idea of making some 50's style Triumph ribbed bands. Even accumulated some parts to make a small purpose-built bead roller for that purpose. Never got around to starting it though, maybe next winter......... I just know that it will be quite labour intensive.
I was hoping to end up with something like this, but using the XS standard tank. It was the main reason that I cast the badges on the lower left of the picture, but my mold for the ones on the lower right is still in good shape and could be put back into production.
I've always like the styling of British bikes, even though all my bikes have been Japanese. But that British style isn't everyone's cup of tea.

114.JPG

Well I can definitely see how that would be labor intensive! I was more thinking along the lines of the bottom left picture you posted, just drilled and curved to fit the tank. Sort of like the "standard style" for the special that Mike sells. I have them on my tank. I also have a raw tank though and would love to try the pewter ones on it.

img_9725-jpg.99712

Well I can definitely see how that would be labor intensive! I was more thinking along the lines of the bottom left picture you posted, just drilled and curved to fit the tank. Sort of like the "standard style" for the special that Mike sells. I have them on my tank. I also have a raw tank though and would love to try the pewter ones on it.

The thing is, the style on the lower left wasn't made with the intention of covering the mounting indentations of the Special tank, although it sure would be nice to take advantage of using screws for attaching the badges.
What would you thing about something like this, but with Yamaha in the same font, flatter (able to be block sanded) ,sized to cover the Special tank indentations and hopefully able to be used for the Standard tank also?

115.JPG

Sorry I meant the side badges.

I haven't tried them on anything other than the metal covers found on the 74-79 Standards. I notice from your avatar that you have Special which have more of a curve both horizontally and vertically. It would be no problem for you to curve them horizontally, no so sure about the vertical plane though, they may not sit perfectly flush.

BTW, I ship them flat.

Here's a pic of an aluminum pair (same dimensions) that I made a few years back and a guy put on his Special so that you can have an idea how they would look.
116.JPG

The thing is, the style on the lower left wasn't made with the intention of covering the mounting indentations of the Special tank, although it sure would be nice to take advantage of using screws for attaching the badges.
What would you thing about something like this, but with Yamaha in the same font, flatter (able to be block sanded) ,sized to cover the Special tank indentations and hopefully able to be used for the Standard tank also?

View attachment 99935

I think it would look great!

I have two pair of these I've been playing around with. Couldn't quite get the pewter to flow right, had a cast/reject ratio was about 6:5. Started to work on them (beveled the edges), but don't know if it's worth the effort to finish them because of the casting flaws (drop outs and pin holes). Might look good on a raw tank or side cover as is. If no one wants them, I'll melt 'em down. $15 USD for a pair plus shipping.

117.JPG

Back