boots cracked got a leak and notice something strange .

djlay57

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to sync with gauges and I found that the vacuum lines off boot had hose connecting both carbs? is this right?..capped them and bike runs better. Checked boots have a leak .so what now .need boots. seen after market ones and used what should I get ... also now hose is off vacuum line when in choke bike rev high rpms . checking valves and chain to before since ..boots first .

The ones from 650 Central and the JBM boots are both rated well by users the MikesXS boots have a spotty reputation. TC bros has an aluminum model also.

I am not sure what you are trying to say here?????

"also now hose is off vacuum line when in choke bike rev high rpms . checking valves and chain to before since ..boots first ."

Not only is he killing his bike but he's murdering the English language in his posts, lol.

Several have tied the two sides together with a vacuum line and thought it worked. Yamaha connected the two sides in 70 and 71 then stopped doing it after that.
You would have to block the vacuum line and ports to do a proper carb synch.

Here's the 70 version.

70 crossover tube.jpg

Interesting pic, I've never seen that before.

djlay57, do you have vacuum petcocks? What year bike and carbs?

Sorry guys I posted this trying to do 5 things at work on cell phone . lol I went back and read I can't even understand it. Dog bunny no vacuum petcock 81 and bs34 carbs .I used tubes to cap off vacuum in boots. They where both connected together .GGgary I will cap them off thanks for the insight . 5 twins I'm a boat guy with a bike project. Wait when its done.

@ gggary I sealed off vacuum lines to boots and bike runs better now . Before I did this got it to idle and when I gave it gas it was bogging and back firing. Seems better now still back firing and a low end thump sound in motor almost like a burp . .Time to check chain and valves then sync .

Back