1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Boyer and Pamco Ignition

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 650Skull, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Ratranger

Ratranger XS650 Junkie Top Contributor

They might be good enough for fuel only. For ignition you really want more accuracy. A majority of installs use either a factory trigger wheel or add a 36-1 wheel. That gives the ecu a pulse every 10* crank or 20* cam. 1 trigger every revolution is not good accuracy.

Jim likes this.
  2. Jim

Jim I have a plan. It's something to deviate from. Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

Actually the TCI has two triggers.... one for full retard and one for full advance. And that's what makes me think it will work.

3. Ratranger

Ratranger XS650 Junkie Top Contributor

You might need to remove one magnet and have a single trigger. The manual shows that a dual trigger is normally on 4cyl wasted spark bikes. Probably 1 trigger for 1&4 and the second for 2&3. You couldn't do a rephase with a single trigger.

Rephase it would need a cam trigger like I have set up. Reason is the ecu needs to know where TDC for the compression stroke is on cylinder 1 in order to properly offset for the oddfire of the next.

Here's the manual page for anyone that wants to look through it. The hardware manual is the one with all the info http://www.msextra.com/manuals/ms2manuals/ . Also there is a forum on that page for any more specific questions.

gggGary, Jim and Signal like this.
  4. shotgunjoe

shotgunjoe XS650 Hunter

At $360 not including sensors, I won't be trying it for ignition only applications. I'm gonna give something else a go first. I'm not quite ready for ignition yet, but my intention is to find something simple and affordable, as well as something that others in the community can easily replicate.

gggGary and timbeck like this.
  5. 650Skull

650Skull Dinosaur Lives Top Contributor

what a crok of shit............You have never tried to mediate, PM me or ,make any effort to tone down any conflict..........You lie regularly, also lie about how i treat you.

Our first conflict was long before the thing about the seat...........it was when you were asking about getting your bike ID'd........You didn't want to believe what i told you by repeatedly making a big deal about your bike being a Frankenstein in several threads that were ongoing around that time.

I got a Pm from a member, who didn't post any more, after he read our iteration in the ID thread.........

Ha, ha, that seat thread was funny............jetmarty was the other member trying to tell you you were wrong as well........the funny thing was you searched the web and found a seat the same for sale on fleabay...........spoke to the guy and used his answers to make your case for............when i tracked down the flea-bay seller and got a different answer to yours you rounded on me and accused me of harassing an 80 year old guy who doesn't know how to use the internet.......thats the joke right there..........you turned it from a fact finding mission to a personal attack on me because you were court lying again

How much of this information is the truth or Peanut slander..........by the way i invited these guys to introduce themselves, told them there is a market for a good product...........

grizld1 likes this.
  6. peanut

peanut XS650 enthusiast & inveterate tinkerer Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

:umm: you really have got some serious anger management issues haven't you :)

Seriously Doug just take a look through your post ......all this all happened over 6 years ago for crissakes!

You need to put all this bitterness and resentment behind you and move on .........or its just going to keep eating away at you.

If it helps you to put this behind you once and for all and move on ...........I have always been completely wrong about everything and you were completely right about everything ....ok ?;):) all this bad feeling between us has been my fault entirely ........

All this nonsense really doesn't matter to me ........Life is much too short ... I just come on here to chat to cyber buddies , share stories , help someone when I can and ask for help when I need it . I'd far rather that you were an ally than an adversary

You say that I have never tried to meet you half way well now we'll see

Paul Sutton, Jim and gggGary like this.
  7. timbeck

timbeck XS650 Junkie XS650.com Supporter

Sounds like a good plan to me...........Hit the re-set button and lets move on....
    tim

madmax-im, Paul Sutton, GLJ and 2 others like this.
  8. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Buckhorn Gang Member Top Contributor

I cut the following from the Pazon Website:
    Pazon.jpg

Pretty Good!

9. 650Skull

650Skull Dinosaur Lives Top Contributor

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  10. peanut

peanut XS650 enthusiast & inveterate tinkerer Top Contributor XS650.com Supporter

do you see skull ! ........ thats what I mean about me trying to meet you half way and you backing off with a swipe :)

I don't think there can be anyone on this forum now .......that can be in any doubt about who the perpetrator is ;)

I do genuinely feel sorry for you skull because you must be a very unhappy person, full of bitterness and vitriol . Even with all my serious medical conditions I try to maintain a friendly positive attitude with everyone because it is my nature .:)

The past is gone ...the future doesn't exist we only have this moment in time now where we can change our lives .
    Leave the past where it lies and live in the present moment

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019