Brake Like Lens Vibrating to Death

dmorano

XS650 Member
Reaction score
I have an XS650 chopper with a hard tail frame. The tail light is mounted on the rear fender and the lens keeps falling off. Even my license plate is literally ripping in two. I've tried securing the lens bolts and screws with locktite, and I added an extra layer of rubber underneath the mounting pad of the brakelight and license plate holder, but after yesterdays short trip, no lens and my license plate is almost ripped in two. The bike runs great and smooth, I can't imagine how bad the rear fender must be shaking to cause so much damage.
Any ideas how I can dampen the vibration? Thanks.

I have an XS650 chopper with a hard tail frame. The tail light is mounted on the rear fender and the lens keeps falling off. Even my license plate is literally ripping in two. I've tried securing the lens bolts and screws with locktite, and I added an extra layer of rubber underneath the mounting pad of the brakelight and license plate holder, but after yesterdays short trip, no lens and my license plate is almost ripped in two. The bike runs great and smooth, I can't imagine how bad the rear fender must be shaking to cause so much damage.
Any ideas how I can dampen the vibration? Thanks.
and then bolted it down tight? the rubber needs to have some flex to do any good, license plate back with aluminum or wood backing plate and rubbber mount it also with some flex in the rubber mounts

I've broken my side mount plate and tail light 4 or 5 times already just from vibrations. I finally found a solution, I simply braced it from the outside corner of the plate to the frame of the bike.

I snapped one clean off and lost it.. Had to get a new license plate and all! PITA it sucked. The next mount I made out if .25" plate steel. It's still there these days.

Posted via Mobile

Back