brat kit 2up

bergoff

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone seen a Monstercraftsman brat kit done that could still do 2up? I would like to get my arse lower into the frame so I can stretch my arms out some more. And I give my daughter a ride from time to time so I need to be able to carry a passenger. And to be honest I'm getting a little bored with my bike in it current configuration.

I have wrote them a few emails about the Track Fighter kit they were prototyping a while back that could be a 2 up setup. I haven't heard anything back on any way I have contacted them. I haven't tried to call the shop yet tho I may soon .

If i could do it over again, i would have skipped on going with a brat kit and just used one of the seats from counterbalance cycles.

I agree. His seats look Bitchin and fit the stock hoop. I was originally going to go with one of his seats on my custom project but now I am going in a new direction and I don't think it will fit. If my new idea will work with one of his seats I will still go that route, but I don't think I will be so lucky. Might just be a solo bike, good thing I have another one.

Nice bike. The bars on your bike would be easier to change and improve the looks of your bike. The upside down clubman bars look out of place and uncomfortable to say the least. A more conventional style lots to chose from. Reupholster or a different seat and the bike will take on a new look.

Thanks. I'm thinking of maybe just changing tank for a peanut tank. Fabing a seat that I like better mine is to wide and looks stupid from the back. Also don't have a crack head recover the seat it will get put on crooked.

Hi bergoff,
went from one extreme to the other with the bars, eh?
Try the stock bars off a Standard.
THEN do a comfort test to see how low the seat needs to be.
If you still need your arse to be nearer to the ground than carving away at the seat foam will bring it, do the Bratstyle frame modification but leave a frame loop at the back to mount a passenger pad on.

Back