Brembo calipers

mark57

mark57
Reaction score
Hi
Just wondering if it was worth fitting twin piston Brembo calipers on my XS and where is the best place to buy them online.
It already has a twin disc front end and disc on the rear.But later i plan to do the motor up and want the best stopping power available.
Thanks
Mark

I have a twin piston to put on the front of mine. Several here have done the 4 piston gold line calipers. Suncoast motorsports in E-bay parts out a lot of BMW, Aprilia, and Ducati bikes these parts are harvested from.
Of course you should have an equally formidable master cylinder and SS lines to get the benefit of the high end caliper.

Hi
Just wondering if it was worth fitting twin piston Brembo calipers on my XS and where is the best place to buy them online.
It already has a twin disc front end and disc on the rear.But later i plan to do the motor up and want the best stopping power available.
Thanks
Mark

I have the Brembo 4 piston calipers on the front and rear. They give much stronger brakeing than stock calipers. The twin discs you have on the front add extra unsprung weight. You could remove one front discs, to save weight, and use just one disc with a Brembo 4 piston caliper. The Brembo 4 piston also works very well on the rear.

I use the stock master cylinders and the stock discs. The caliper adapter plates are my own creation.

I bought the used calipers from www.gothamcycles.com on Florida/USA.

Attachments

• Brembo front mounting.JPG
    Brembo front mounting.JPG
    195.8 KB · Views: 349
  • Brembo Rear Mounting.JPG
    Brembo Rear Mounting.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:
Brembo + Ebc rotors front and rear. I'll let you know how they perform once I get that bike running. Should be soon.

full

full

Back