Broken OE shock!

image.jpg

Riding monoshock took some meat off the tire.

View attachment 198981 View attachment 198982

Presumably, this is correct and no more broken shocks. Yes, I also lubricated the rubber bushings. Thanks to those who took time to help me out. Hopefully, I’ll have nothing further to report on this.
The top mount does look good, now.
I think it would still be worthwhile to test that the shock has a bit of movement:
Test: If you grab the top shock body and twist it on a horizontal axis, does the shock mount eyelet move around just a bit.

shock-jpg.196942

Perhaps a little brush paint at lower end. ??? It is quickly done makes things shine and at some places stop rust.

The top mount does look good, now.
I think it would still be worthwhile to test that the shock has a bit of movement:
Test: If you grab the top shock body and twist it on a horizontal axis, does the shock mount eyelet move around just a bit.

shock-jpg.196942
Yes, I do have movement. Thanks.

Perhaps a little brush paint at lower end. ??? It is quickly done makes things shine and at some places stop rust.
I will probably put aftermarket shocks on it. For now, these have a little patina. I cleaned the replacement shock body with WD40 and assembled a replacement shock.

Back